Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

LED upgrades

143K views 333 replies 110 participants last post by  Oldspicefl 
#1 · (Edited)
Did a couple LED upgrades on my pilot EXL to give it a clean white look instead of the halogen yellowish color.

Map/dome/hatch lights are t10. 2 fronts, 2 middle, 2 rear, and 1 hatch. Prices goes for $5-10 for a 10 pack.

Front led with other two dome stock

All leds

Center console and glovebox are t5. 1 for each location. Price goes for $3-4.

Color now matches the the rest of the interior and I can actually see stuff in my center console.

Glovebox is a lot brighter as well.

Visors are 29mm but anything within 1mm range shouldnt be an issue. Price is about $4-5. Covered most of the led with black tape because its way too bright.

Reverse light are t20. Price goes for about $10. Left stock and right is white. The improvement was on the reverse camera since the bulb had a projection end it improve the distance and I was able to see more on camera.

Others: License plate lights are already white. Lighted running board have leds already but they are yellowish and not user replaceable. I will have to put transparent vinyl to get the white look. Only other LED upgrade I may do is the front turn signal and fog lights.

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
T10 and T5 are two different sizes. T10 base is 9mm and T5 base is 4mm. T10 are universal base size but don't waste your money on the can bus error free bulbs as those are for cars that has dash indicators to tell the user the light is out. Honda doesn't have this feature so it's unnecessary. Only thing I would worry about is the length. The from map light comes really close to touching the plastic lens. The led I have measures out to 1 1/8 or 28.5mm. Middle and rear dome has more space than the front. If you watch a really bright hatch light there's room for about a 50mm length and can accept up to 8watts. The closes wattage I found were 7.5watts, anything above 8watts will probably fry the wires. Direct from China on eBay is cheaper. US sellers are going from 8-12. Amazon has a couple reputable sellers that sell them for 12.

The ones I bought were these.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=261319551433&globalID=EBAY-US

T5 I bought these. It's 2x brighter than stock.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281594839577&globalID=EBAY-US

For the vanity mirrors I bought these.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111155974239&globalID=EBAY-US

And for the reverse I bought these
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281345577269&globalID=EBAY-US

#13 · (Edited)
I also have an Elite you will need a T10 led less than 22mm length, 30 mm is too long. The lights are all the same for the two lights on the door, 4 for the dome and one for the tail gate. Seven T10 LED will clean all the yellows up.

For the sun visor you will need four 28-29mm fuse type 6614.

For the glove box and big compartment light. You will need T5 LED. BUT do not get the one with a single smd. It almost has to be a bulb type. The holes for the lights are not in a straight line so you need lights on the side. Length will be an issue so get the shortest ones possible. Otherwise you won't fit it back in the housing.

Summary Elite interior LED replacement
  • Seven T10 less than 22 mm length
  • Four 6614 28-29mm fuse type bulb
  • Two T5 bulb shaped short length

#14 ·
#25 ·
How did you replace the glove box light? I used pliers to get the old one out of the hole. It's very difficult to get the new bulb in though. Any suggestions?

#27 ·
T10 Interior bulb replacement on Elite

Since I ordered enough T10 to last me 100 years and they were all too big. Here's the correct ones that I ordered.

T10 at 16mm in length vs the older bulb. These go in vertically. You need six.
Black Asphalt Road surface Soil Tar
Water Asphalt Sky Night Road surface
Fashion accessory Button Jewellery

T10 at 24mm. This could be longer since the bulb fits horizontally on the trunk light. You need only one.
Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Atmospheric phenomenon Lighting

LED all replaced.
Car Vehicle Auto part Family car Minivan

Reactions: Sha93
#29 ·
#30 ·
I answered the length in the original message.

#32 ·
I guess that's where I am confused. you said that a 24mm didn't fit. A standard 194 bulb is over an inch long. 24mm isn't even a full inch so I am trying to figure out how a 24mm LED replacement didn't fit. 16mm is only .6 inches so I am sure is fit with no problem.

Am I missing something? I am trying to avoid over purchasing bulbs that are not needed.

#37 · (Edited)
No the elite map light locations are different because of the panoramic roof. Also I have the 2nd and 3rd row seat covers.

#41 ·
#46 ·
Yeah I gave up with that glove box light. I still couldn't get the new LED in the socket. The space is tough. It will stay unlit until I am brave enough to remove that entire trim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.