• 1 Post By anchor3n1
  • 3 Post By Tactical808
  • 1 Post By ObsidianX
  • 1 Post By Gmarkxs

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Auto Butler

I just got a 2017 Pilot Touring AWD. During the finance paperwork I got talked into adding Auto Butler to the cost of my car. I wanted something like this or ceramicpro anyhow but I have never heard of Auto Butler. I know I got screwed on the price as it was an up sell for them. Has anyone used this product? Worth it or junk. If not worth it is there a way to get out of the contract and get a refund and change the financial paperwork. My guess is no. So, I hope it is the best thing ever invented.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryhflyer View Post
So, I hope it is the best thing ever invented.
It's right up there with the (ORIGINAL) muffler bearing and the left handed crescent wrench.

Sleep well...
EFICTION likes this.

2007 Honda Ridgeline
2016 Honda Pilot
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 04:09 PM

Wink

anchor3n1 likes the idea of 5 year paint protection. Seems like undercoating or dealer "whatever to me. Maybe a better way to go is to spend the bucks on wrapping or at least a clear bra instead if you desire a good paint protection method.
EFICTION likes this.

2016 Elite Obsidian Blue Pearl - gray interior (lots 'O bling
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 09:31 PM
xGS

Quote:
I just got a 2017 Pilot Touring AWD. During the finance paperwork I got talked into adding Auto Butler to the cost of my car. I wanted something like this or ceramicpro anyhow but I have never heard of Auto Butler.

2003 EX
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 10:06 PM

Location: El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO and Galveston, TX)
Terryhflyer,

Don't feel too bad about getting "up-sold" as you're not alone.

I had worse at my Honda dealer with 1 extended warranty and 1 local-dealer maintenance plan I didn't want. Both were taken off as I told them to do, then without my permission put back on the final document I signed. My fault for not reading better, yes, but at the same time they took advantage of my trusting nature -- that if an item was taken off the contract before signing, it WAS off, not slipped back in later (not to mention I made it VERY clear I didn't WANT it).

I'm sure whatever you paid for "Auto Butler" pales in comparison to my greedy & unscrupulous dealer's "up-selling" grab.

...I guess if they HAD that particular "up-sell" item they would have found a way to hide it, too. :-(

It was partly the reason I decided to leave (expensive) Colorado and move back to (cheaper) Texas -- right after buying the Pilot: To be better able (more comfortably) to pay for it all! ;-)

-- BR

Last edited by BillRedding; 06-12-2017 at 10:10 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 10:06 PM

Garage
Oh man, you're so lucky. All I got when I purchased my Pilot was a Shamwow.

2006 EX-L w/RES (black)

Previous: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer (beige);
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(green);
(red);
, see avatar] (black);
(gray);
(blue);
(burgundy);
(fire engine red & midnight black)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I just got a 2017 Pilot Touring AWD. During the finance paperwork I got talked into adding Auto Butler to the cost of my car. I wanted something like this or ceramicpro anyhow but I have never heard of Auto Butler. I know I got screwed on the price as it was an up sell for them. Has anyone used this product? Worth it or junk. If not worth it is there a way to get out of the contract and get a refund and change the financial paperwork. My guess is no. So, I hope it is the best thing ever invented.
I hate the up sell. My parents almost got taken on a factory alarm that cost $550. I took the key, unlocked the door, and surprise, no alarm.

I drove them to the dealer that same day, sat the finance guy down, and had him re-write the contract and financing. They offered to cut a check and said the interest on the amount would have been minimal (which was true). But, it came down to the principle. They shouldn't take advantage of older folks. I made a pretty big scene out of it. End of the day, they left the "factory alarm", removed the $550 cost, re-wrote the financing, and we got mud guards.

Long story short, it is possible to get your money back. Just depends on how hard you want to try and how big of an donkey you want to be. I had no shame!
Ant, ObsidianX and Terryhflyer like this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 09:23 PM

Sounds like me. I'd kick all types of dealer ass if they did that to me😂
Ant likes this.

2016 Obsidian Blue Touring -Maxed Out Bling
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Had 3 pilots and 3 Auto Butlers. My current is the 16 Touring... It's worth it. DON'T WORRY. Wait till U see ur SUV after they are done. (((BRAND NEW)))
Terryhflyer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: