MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics) - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By redturbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)

I can't upload all pics at once so I'll do it in sections.

First impressions were really good. Boxed nicely and professionally.

MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)-20170419_072226.jpg
MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)-20170419_072408.jpg

There were printed instructions too. Not specific for the 3rd gen Pilot, but come on these are floormats. Do we really need instructions. But hey nice effort. Some warranty and contact info are there too so thats useful.

MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)-20170419_072422.jpg
MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)-20170419_072435.jpg

No one really ever shows this with any floormats, but here is how the underside looks. It's just plain and smooth. No spikes or grips to make it grab on the carpet like the OEM carpet mats.

MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)-20170419_184824.jpg
hoang51 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

I remember in another general floormat thread someone mentioned maybe getting these or another set and just placing it OVER the original carpet mat.. nahh. Here is the front driver side of how that will look

MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)-20170419_184503.jpg

It works yes, but it doesnt provide the best fit. You cant also utilize the stock hook attachments. They dont really move around like this, but obviously it is more secure with better fit if done how it was designed.. removing the stock carpet.

With that said this is how the look done how the manufacturer assumes and expects you to install them:

front passenger side:

MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)-20170419_202605.jpg

Now the front driver side. just slightly different angles on the pic to show fitment. You can see the coverage of the dead pedal as that has always been a big question

MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)-20170419_202645.jpg
MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)-20170419_202659.jpg
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Going to the 3rd row, the pilot as we know doesnt even come with carpet floormats back there. No hook attachments either to secure it. This is where it would have been nice if the underside had spikes to grab the carpet to secure it.

BUT surprisngly I dont think its a big deal. The fit is near perfect back here as you can see. Just interesting how they didnt match up the ends by the opening more, but everthing else is great. I don't see it moving much.

MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)-20170419_185619.jpg
MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)-20170419_185651.jpg
MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)-20170419_185645.jpg

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

The 2nd row is great. Really great fitment overall. Good coverage also that goes under the front seats. Doesn't block any vents or anything. Some pics of how far it reaches under the front seats:

MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)-20170419_190227.jpg
MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)-20170419_190157.jpg

Utilizes the stock locking clips as well to keep it secure.

MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)-20170419_190240.jpg
MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)-20170419_190143.jpg
MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)-20170419_190131.jpg
MaxLiner MaxFloormat Floor Liners for 3rd Gen Pilot Review (Pics)-20170419_190254.jpg

----------------------

Overall very very satisfied. I was really set on getting the weathertech because through the years their 3D liners have always been considered the "top of the line" But it is significantly more costly. I was ready to spend that money seeing as this is a $40K+ new vehicle, whats $200+ bucks. Also why I wanted this "laser" or "3d" however you want to call it floormats and not just the generic walmart mats.

I've seen weathertech 3D mats before, not for the Pilot but another vehicle. And in comparison they feel the same in terms of quality. They can flex despite looking stiff. They do have some grip on the surface. Perhaps why they felt spikes on the underside was not necessary. I'm aware that Husky I belive has a similar product that does have spikes, but I believe they dont utilize all the stock locking points which was unacceptable to me at this price range. Theirs does seem more heavy duty and industrial looking. I was skeptical at first with these Maxliner mats but these are absolutely great for the price and huge savings over Weathertech. Surprised how weathertech has not been able to sue Maxliner as they are really similar. The design is also pretty clean looking not overly crazy with pattern. Matches the flow of the interior of the Pilot. The fit is pretty darn great. Some few spots that had me question why they didnt just match the ends (example the 3rd row). Some areas where it meets the edge leave some small tiny opening and not fully touching but maybe they will get better overtime as the heat and stepping on them allow them to become more flat.

You definitely dont want to install them over your stock floormats. I guess you can and it will work, but I dont believe youll be able to utilize the locking hooks to keep them in place so they might move around more. They do feel more cushion if you do so if you like that kind of thing. But how its done feels good, doesn't feel like the floor is anymore stiff/hard without the original carpet mats underneath.

No it does not cover the entire dead pedal, see pics i posted above.

I have a touring awd with black interior. and I got the black color of the maxliner mats. its not a total match the pics you can see. but diff light conditions might make it look more off, but its a pretty close match. in person flows well.

For those still on the fence, there really isn't a reason to. really great product and cheaper than the weathertech. Not really sure why one would pick the weathertech at significantly more price over these other than brand recognition.

The Husky liners are more industrial, more/better coverage i believe. but again might not flow well in terms of asthetics for your vehicle. does have spikes underneath for keeping them in place, but strange the 2nd row and front passenger side dont utilize looking clips. only driver front. might be more price?

Last edited by redturbo; 04-20-2017 at 12:10 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:41 AM

Not bad. Anyone know of a better option for the cargo area than the oem one? I like how it folds for when you want the 3rd row up or not but it doesn't seem to be the best quality. Weathertech doesn't look like they have a versatile option. You have to pick either between a big version for when the 3rd row is down or a small version for when it's up (at a premium price of course).
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 05:45 AM

redturbo

Thanks for posting this. We have been very pleased with the MaxLiners in our Pilot, and everyone who rides with us is impressed as well.

However, we also got a set of Aries floor liners after seeing posts and reviews, and the material is not only better, but they have some more friction in the material beneath it to give more "grab".
Aries floor liners - Driver's front picture in 2017 Touring

Also - i notice that you don't use car seat protectors for your child seats / baby seat base. This ended up permanently deforming the seats in our CRV, so we now use them in the Pilot. Just a thought.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykwak View Post
redturbo

Thanks for posting this. We have been very pleased with the MaxLiners in our Pilot, and everyone who rides with us is impressed as well.

However, we also got a set of Aries floor liners after seeing posts and reviews, and the material is not only better, but they have some more friction in the material beneath it to give more "grab".
Aries floor liners - Driver's front picture in 2017 Touring

Also - i notice that you don't use car seat protectors for your child seats / baby seat base. This ended up permanently deforming the seats in our CRV, so we now use them in the Pilot. Just a thought.
Thank you!

Yes the Aries looks great too. It helps to have the friction underside!

As for the child seat protector, didnt even know such things existed lol. Is there one that is recommended or any will do?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 08:51 PM

Between Weathertech and Maxliner which of the two feels more rubbery than a hard plastic?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_liz92 View Post
Not bad. Anyone know of a better option for the cargo area than the oem one? I like how it folds for when you want the 3rd row up or not but it doesn't seem to be the best quality. Weathertech doesn't look like they have a versatile option. You have to pick either between a big version for when the 3rd row is down or a small version for when it's up (at a premium price of course).
Just a thought?
Thoughts on cargo area mat

2017 Pilot EX-L 2WD Lunar Silver with Gray Leather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: