Aftermarket ARMRESTS are finally here!! - order away - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aftermarket ARMRESTS are finally here!! - order away

Okay so if you have been on this 3rd generation for any period of time you probably know that for the last 15 months or so I've been talking about getting an aftermarket arm rest for us.

Just in case you haven't been following these threads: Very Uncomfortable Armrest and Where did they hide the front armrest?

I will remind you that the Touring and Elite have ratcheting armrests on both drivers and passengers sides. The EX/EX-L has a ratcheting armrest on the drivers side only and the LX has only flip up/down armrests on both sides. There are 3 different colors of leather as well as cloth and it has certainly taken some time to tweak this aftermarket armrest.

I will spare you the specifics on the ideas that Jim and I bounced around but as a final product the armrest will be able to ratchet. Each ratcheting armrest will be able to be installed in under one minute. Pull out the old one and pop in the new one. The non-ratcheting armrests will take about 3-5 minutes to install. Really a piece of cake.

The thing that has been holding this project back is the funding as it costs quite a bit to fabricate the "sprocket" to allow the armrest to ratchet. Piloteers have asked to have it ratchet and your request has been answered. I'm going to attach a link to the pre-order form. I say pre-order because it will take about 6 weeks to get your armrest because each one has to be custom made. Rest assured you will get your armrest.

Here is a link to the pre-order form: Honda Pilot & Ridgeline Armrest Order Form

I would like thank everyone for their patience throughout the process and remind you that I have zero financial incentive in this product. I just want to replace the toothpick armrest.

2016 Pilot EX-L - Modern Steel Metallic / Black - 4300K HIDs - Debadged - Blacked Out - TSW MAX Wheels -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 11:16 PM

Awesome work toolazy4alogin and Jim!
Gqcheetos likes this.

2016 Obsidian Blue Touring -Maxed Out Bling
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ObsidianX; 03-31-2017 at 11:19 PM.
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 11:19 PM

Definitely want to preorder but would love to see some pics of the grey leather first. I'll be patient until those go live and then pull the trigger.
QC2NH, cvsy24 and Gqcheetos like this.

2016 Obsidian Blue Touring -Maxed Out Bling

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The leather supplier is the same supplier as the OEM leather and I'll ask him for some pictures.
ObsidianX and Gqcheetos like this.

2016 Pilot EX-L - Modern Steel Metallic / Black - 4300K HIDs - Debadged - Blacked Out - TSW MAX Wheels -
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 12:52 AM

Thanks for all the hard work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'16 EX-L AWD - Modern Steel
Staten Island, NY
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats.

I've stuck this thread, so it will appear at the top of this section.

2005 Pilot Exl Res
2016 CRV Touring
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 04:43 PM

If I get non ratcheting, will it fit an EXL and can I adjust where it stops? I think the ratchet feature is stupid, it should at least have a set-able end point so I'm not counting clicks. Oh and pics?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2016 EX-L Steel Sapphire on Grey
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 11:09 PM

I'm quite happy with my original arm rest. I'm very interested in these. As far as the new ones, I'm in the 'Wait and See' mode.

2016 Pilot Touring AWD - Black/Grey
WeatherTech floor mats, Moon Roof Visor, Trailer Hitch w/ATF cooler.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 03:30 AM

Congrats!

I would like to see video and pictures of how to install and color of the leather.

Thanks!
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Congrats.

I've stuck this thread, so it will appear at the top of this section.
Thanks Rocky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWINTRBO View Post
If I get non ratcheting, will it fit an EXL and can I adjust where it stops? I think the ratchet feature is stupid, it should at least have a set-able end point so I'm not counting clicks. Oh and pics?
There is no way to set a point and keep it for the ratcheting arm rest. The non-ratcheting arm rest has a stop pin on it which allows for either up or down. There is no way to "lock" it in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rstyle View Post
Congrats!

I would like to see video and pictures of how to install and color of the leather.

Thanks!
When the final product gets produced I will put up pictures. The manufacturer is going to do a bunch at a time hence the preorder. It costs quite a bit to get this produced and Jim does not have the funds to shell it all out in advance. Until a certain number of people preorder it will not get produced. There is a dollar threshold that needs to be met before producing - I'm not sure what the threshold is.

post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 12:33 AM

Thanks for the update toolazy4alogin. I've shared the link to this page over at ridgelineownersclub.com.
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaridgeline View Post
Thanks for the update toolazy4alogin. I've shared the link to this page over at ridgelineownersclub.com.

Thanks. I posted there as well and it got moved to the "accessories" sub section. Kind of hard to find. Over here Rocky was kind enough to sticky so it's easy to see.

Here's a pic of the armrests installed in a Ridgeline. When I get pics of the samples of the leather I will post those too. Aftermarket ARMRESTS are finally here!! - order away-imageuploadedbyautoguide1491391994.569781.jpg

post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 09:02 AM

Referencing your picture of the Ridgeline armrests, are these the 4.5" or the 6" armrests?

2017 Elite, Modern Steel
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolazy4alogin View Post
Thanks. I posted there as well and it got moved to the "accessories" sub section. Kind of hard to find. Over here Rocky was kind enough to sticky so it's easy to see.

Here's a pic of the armrests installed in a Ridgeline. When I get pics of the samples of the leather I will post those too. Attachment 104866

Those look like a high-quality product. Thanks.
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Those are 6 inch. The Ridgeline has 13" between the seats and we have 12" so there is a small gap you see in the pics.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: