Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2017 Pilot shortage?

6K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  BostonHPilot 
#1 ·
I am trying to find a 2017 EXL with sensing, Modern Steel with grey leather. Apparently there are none in the Northeast -- just two on order in all of New England (not yet built) expected to be delivered in May. Why is Honda not making more Pilots? Dealers in Connecticut have only a handful each -- mostly Touring and Elite (no interest in 9 speed transmission). Are others equally frustrated? Are there Pilots more available elsewhere in the country?

#2 ·
I had this issue with my 16. I wanted a Steel Sapphire EXL with HS and I couldn't find one closer than Virginia. It's just a vehicle in very high demand. I'm assuming they just can't keep up with demand.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
There are plenty of Tourings, some EXLs, but EXL with Sensing is really scarce. It took me about a month and a search of a 500 mile radius to find a dark cherry AWD EXL with sensing. I had to one way a rental car 300 miles to pick it up this weekend.

Paid 37979 no doc fee, tri fold cargo mat and splash guards included. Not the absolute best deal I've seen, but not bad given how hard the AWD EXL with Sensing is to find.

Use Edmunds to search a radius around you and search every day, this specific model is only staying on the lot days if it isn't already a located when it gets there.

Also have a couple of dealers watch their allocation and what is coming. Not sure why Honda won't let dealers just order the car like others will.

#4 ·
Believe me, you got a decent price, I paid 37710 for my EXL Sensing and came with NOTHING...lol.:crying::crying::crying:

I was told by the dealer EXL with Sensing is the hardest to get, I was in market for 2016 EXL Sensing @ Summer of 2016 and was not able to get one until almost end of October and is not the exact color we preferred, then I figure is end of the year I should just get 2017 and damn Honda did not release 2017 until November....Make the long story short, I was lucky enough to wait only little over a month for my car to arrive, ordered on Nov21 and got the car Dec 24th. I know many other whom order from the same dealership for EXL AWD with Sensing over 2 months and still waiting....

Ocean8, I seriously doubt you can find EXL AWD Sensing in your perferred color sitting in dealer lot, most likely you will have to order it...Good luck....

#5 ·
We just picked up our White on black AWD EX-L with Sensing. It was pretty hard to find for sure. Even our sales commented that they probably won't see a color combo like that in a while. Lots of touring around though and the dealers were trying to push us to buy them. Just be patient and check with all the dealers in the area.

#7 ·
I like my lunar silver but man,kinda wishing I would have ordered the black forest green,but not complaining the silver was my second choice
Yeah, Black Forest Pearl seems to be the least common color - that or Steel Sapphire. While I was waiting for my VW buyback I monitored dealer inventories, and I saw a ton of white and silver and plenty of black. There were a few Dark Cherry, but very few Steel Sapphire or Black Forest. I was lucky in that the timing worked out perfectly to get one.

#8 ·
#9 ·
I am trying to find a 2017 EXL with sensing, Modern Steel with grey leather. Apparently there are none in the Northeast -- just two on order in all of New England (not yet built) expected to be delivered in May. Are there Pilots more available elsewhere in the country?
Feel like taking a plane ride and then making a cross-country drive?
The Honda dealer in Palo Alto CA currently shows in stock three EX-L with sensing Pilots in Modern Steel with gray interior: Honda Vehicle Inventory - Palo Alto Honda dealer in Palo Alto CA - New and Used Honda dealership San Jose San Francisco Santa Clara CA
CA emissions meets northeast requirements, so you will be able to register it in CT.

#10 ·
Just bought a EX-L AWD w/sensing in Silver in NH

It took me awhile to find but I just bought a Silver EX-L AWD w/ sensing in Manchester, NH. Dealer said there were only 2 like it in all of New England. I had given up finding one and ordered one from a dealer in Reading, MA even though they said 3-5 months for delivery. Then I kept looking and Cambridge Honda said they could get one in 5-8 weeks and Manchester had one on the lot. Love it so far. Now I have to fight to get my deposit back from Reading. I used Edmunds but they seemed a couple of weeks out of date, at least.

#11 ·
Same here. I reside in the bay area and couldn't find EXL AWD with Sensing in Modern Steel with grey leather. In fact there were shortages in the bay area honda dealerships and they couldn't give any price break. I end up with EXL AWD in Modern Steel with grey leather BUT no sensing and I got it from one of the largest dealership in autonation roseville, CA. This dealership carries a lot more pilots & buyers all the way from southern CA drove up here to get their pilots.

#14 ·
Try this when looking for a car. Take a little getting the hang of it before you succeed, but it works.

Go to honda website, next under shopping tools select inventory now put in zip code> select dealership > view inventory select your car, and options. It will show you "in transit" cars as well.

#19 ·
New to the forum. Just posted this in prices paid, but I thought it would be helpful here, too. Got our EX-L AWD with Sensing (Lunar Silver with gray leather) last week, after a 2-month wait. Didn't negotiate too hard on the base price, since they gave me a good price on our trade.
MSRP: 40,155 (Bloomfield, MI)
Price: 38,880
Trade Value: 8000
Tax: 2186
BS doc fee: 210
Other nonsense fee: 23
One more "taxable fee": 24
The good news is, no hard sell on accessories (and no accessories installed that I didn't want). Had roof rails and crossbars added for 820.
Bottom line: 34,143

#20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.