Multiple warning lights - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By poorman212
  • 1 Post By poorman212

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Multiple warning lights

This morning wifey called me and said that there were multiple warning lights on the car and it was beeping angrily at her. Luckily, this malfunction occured within a mile of the house. I went to swap cars with her and drove it home to deal with it further. The warning lights were:

-road departure mitigation system warning
-trailer stability assist warning
-hill start assist warning
-vehicle stability assist warning
-emissions system control warning

Of course on the drive to the dealer, about two minutes away from pulling in, the warnings disappeared. Luckily, atleast I took pictures.

Took it into dealer, they said may be alternator but will call me with updates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 11:17 PM
XV8

This happened before to me as well. Likewise, the warnings disappear on its own. I didn't bring it into the dealership since these warnings never came back.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 11:59 PM

I had this happen to me as well and the vehicle eventually stalled. The vehicle had to be towed to the dealership. They replaced all of the injectors, fuel sensors and some other components. It seemed like it was fixed for about two weeks but since then the vehicle has hiccuped a few more times and due back in the dealership next week. I don't think the dealership or HONDA has a real handle on what is going on with the vehicle.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 04:00 PM

Was she driving it when it happened?

I had the warnings, too, and the car wouldn't start. Bad cell in the battery. Another member here had the same problem.

2016 Honda Pilot Elite
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 06:25 PM

It has happened twice now. Both times we were driving it. After the warning lights the car went into limp mode, where it feels like it has only half power. The first time the vehicle eventually stalled and had to be towed. The second time I drove it to the dealership. The first time they replaced the injectors, fuel sensor/s and something else which I can't remember. The second time they reset the engine management system and took it out of limp mode. It is booked in to to get the valves adjusted next time. It seems like they really don't know what's going on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Update:
We took it to the dealer (of course all the warning lights were gone) and they looked into it, said they spoke with honda engineers, told me they did something with the software as far as either updating or flashing it...not sure. the electrical components tested out fine, including battery and alternator. Nobody really seemed exactly sure what this was. When the warnings were on, the car seemed to drive fine. No starting problems. Car has been fine for past couple days since. They said they had a 2016 model that had similar symptoms a few weeks prior but they had a bad alternator.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Yes she was driving when this happened, got to about 1 mile from the house when it started with the warnings.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 03:07 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Subscribed. This was happen to me as well all warning light WifeyMobile mentioned. But it showed only after starting the Pilot. Parked it before work around (8am) started it again after work (5pm) then multiple light came on one afternoon then after couple of night suddenly the warning light went off and everything went back to normal its on the second day now that I am observing the Pilot. Hopefully it wont be happening again. :-( So far almost a year of use this is the only issue i experience and I am planning to own my pilot for a longest time.

P.S. I'm from Jasper Alberta Canada and its winter cold in here now around -20c to -25c when it happen. Wondering if the cold temperature is the reason why this is happening.

@scrubber I think I felt the same LIMP mode you've experienced as well when the lights are on. and went back to normal when all the codes/warnings cleared on the dash :-(

Last edited by baksi; 03-11-2017 at 03:22 AM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 07:54 AM

Plug in a code reader and see what it is showing
Yoda likes this.

66 Chevelle..78 F150..89 Accord LXi 5 spd..07 Accord EXL..07 Pilot EX-L..16 Pilot Touring AWD

My child arrived just the other day, he came to the world in the usual way

Heaven is in the palm of my hand and it is waiting here for you, what I am I suppose to do with a childhood tragedy
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XV8 View Post
This happened before to me as well. Likewise, the warnings disappear on its own. I didn't bring it into the dealership since these warnings never came back.
Me too,right after I gassed up.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 12:06 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
@poorman unfortunately i do not have the reader. The maintenance manager says whats going on they even sent a message into the radio.

@Mtbiker. How long did your light went on?
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baksi View Post
@poorman unfortunately i do not have the reader. The maintenance manager says whats going on they even sent a message into the radio.

@Mtbiker. How long did your light went on?
Not sure where you live but many places will read codes/check codes for free - I think the countries of Canada and California have some laws about NOT doing this. If nothing else and you like the idea of having information and not at the mercy of guessing/taking the "shop's word" on what is going on - you can buy a simple code reader for not that much money.

Don't take this the wrong way - or anyone else posting in this thread - This thread is nothing but "guessing" and throwing out ideas/what happened. Even if you have the same code as someone else, what fixed their issue might not work for you.

Example: A "P0420" code, there is a laundry list of tests that should be done before replacing anything. It "could be" the converter, a bad injector, a lazy O2 sensor, a bad component in the ignition system........and I could keep going
baksi likes this.

66 Chevelle..78 F150..89 Accord LXi 5 spd..07 Accord EXL..07 Pilot EX-L..16 Pilot Touring AWD

My child arrived just the other day, he came to the world in the usual way

Heaven is in the palm of my hand and it is waiting here for you, what I am I suppose to do with a childhood tragedy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: