Did Honda Screw up?? - Rain Sensing Wipers - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did Honda Screw up?? - Rain Sensing Wipers

I just bought a 2017 Touring model and all the online documentation state that the Touring should have Rain sensing wipers. I also, called Honda and they confirmed this.

The real issue here is that if this is the case there here is a huge manufacturing error. I don't have the correct stalk with the Auto function nor the senor in the windshield. So weird and unlike Honda to make this error.

See attached for the documentation stating that Touring Pilots have this feature.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pilot.png
Views:	173
Size:	296.1 KB
ID:	103457  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockme66 View Post
I just bought a 2017 Touring model and all the online documentation state that the Touring should have Rain sensing wipers. I also, called Honda and they confirmed this.

The real issue here is that if this is the case there here is a huge manufacturing error. I don't have the correct stalk with the Auto function nor the senor in the windshield. So weird and unlike Honda to make this error.

See attached for the documentation stating that Touring Pilots have this feature.
Can you confirm the source of your image? Rain-sensing is only available on the Elite version (Per American Honda's website: http://automobiles.honda.com/images/...ifications.pdf).

Perhaps the image you captured is for the Canada version of the Elite; which they refer to as Touring?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Here is the link

http://recalls.owners.honda.com/vehi...Sensing-Wipers

Pretty sure this is a US site.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockme66 View Post
Here is the link

Wipers / Rain-Sensing Wipers | 2017 Honda Pilot | Honda Owners Site

Pretty sure this is a US site.
Looks like it is a typo. All other documentation on their website note that it is only on the Elite:

http://recalls.owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2017/Pilot/specs#mid^YF6H0HKNW (under View Trims, Rain Sensing only appears for the Elite)

My guess is the description in the video is a typo from a Canada version. If its any consolation, the feature isn't anything to be excited about. A bit finicky and sporadic.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 09:57 AM

I had the same sort of mini freak-out shocme66 had and have previously read the site he listed and also the Honda 'build' website. I didn't notice the lack of this feature at first until I after I purchased a pre-owned Acura MDX for myself to drive and it includes this feature. At this time I have not engaged Honda directly as I assumed the recalls website was published in error. I'm interested to hear an official response from Honda.

2017 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 10:31 AM

It's a website typo.

"Content may not apply to all models. See Related Information or consult your owner's manual for specific information about your vehicle."

2016 Honda Pilot Touring (Canada)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: