phone only connected on first attempt - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By sofeejay

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
phone only connected on first attempt

After connecting my Galaxy S6 to my new EX-L RES I then turned BT off on my phone and turned it back. Now I can't get my EX-L RES to detect my phone again. Did I do something wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

I think I was able to sort-of reproduce the problem today after playing around with it a little more.

Somehow my phone automatically connected this morning when I got in my car. After I got to work I unpaired "handsfreelink" through my phone's BT setting (the reason I did this is because I only want my phone to connect to the vehicle when I want it to). Upon unpairing it, I can no longer get it to reconnect because my phone won't display "handsfreelink" as an "available BT connection". In other words the car can see my phone but my phone cannot see my car.

The only reason I unpaired it is because I know of no other way to disconnect the phone from the vehicle using the vehicle's LCD screen. Is there a way that I am unaware of?

Any help would be appreciated because this is just frustrating.

Last edited by njitgrad; 03-02-2017 at 01:34 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

I just walked back to my vehicle only moments after posting my last response. When I got there my phone displayed "handsfreelink" and I was able to connect. However once I unpaired it again I was no longer able to re-establish the connection. My phone no longer showed "handsfreelink" as an available connection. I even tried rebooting my phone with no luck. What is going on here? Is this a Galaxy S6 issue or an issue with the vehicle?

Last edited by njitgrad; 03-02-2017 at 01:41 PM.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 10:21 AM

Not sure why you un-pair the phone, since it will automatically disconnect when you get out of bluetooth range from the vehicle and then reconnect when you come back. Probably confusing the vehicle system by manually un-pairing. I have an iPhone so am just guessing about the Android.

2016 Pilot EX-L with Sensing in Black Forest Pearl
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Not sure why you un-pair the phone, since it will automatically disconnect when you get out of bluetooth range from the vehicle and then reconnect when you come back. Probably confusing the vehicle system by manually un-pairing. I have an iPhone so am just guessing about the Android.
If you don't unpair it then the phone consumes battery power communicating with the car...which means I will ALWAYS need to plug the phone into the car's USB port to keep the phone's battery from draining. There are times where I don't want to charge it especially on short drives. There really should be an option on the Pilot's console to connect/disconnect the phone rather than automatically connecting it and then forcing me to unpair it with the phone's BT options.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 12:04 PM

Yet another thing you're overthinking, BIGLY. Don't unpair it. Just disable bluetooth on your phone, badabing badaboom.
toolazy4alogin likes this.

2016 Touring AWD
White Diamond Pearl w/ Beige interior
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

If I do that I lose connectivity with my smartwatch as well.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 02:20 PM

Read and heed:

What You Should (and Shouldn?t) Do to Extend Your Phone?s Battery Life | The Wirecutter

2016 Touring AWD
White Diamond Pearl w/ Beige interior
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Well I guess that takes care of the issue. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: