Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Pilot Wishlist

8K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  2017elite 
#1 ·
Hello all! I know it may be early but the 2018 Pilot will be a mid-cycle refresh. So minor changes to the front and rear bumper, and or to the headlights and taillights are likely. Please feel free discuss what changes you would like to see on the new 2018 model year.

Here's my wishlist

-More stylish front grille
-Volume Knob on the infotainment screen
-Better audio quality from the radio and sound system
-Honda sensing standard on the EX and EX-L trim levels
-Blind Spot Monitoring instead of Honda LaneWatch on the EX and EX-L
-360 degree camera option on upper trims
-Power folding side mirrors option on upper trims
-Honda's new 10 speed automatic transmission (from the 2018 Odyssey)

#2 · (Edited)
I'd expect a mid-cycle refresh in 2019, not 2018. The first two generations lasted six and seven model years respectively, with a refresh in year four. AFAIK Honda always does refreshes in year four, even for generations that last for five years rather than six.

There were fairly significant changes to the standard technology in MY 2013, year five of the second generation, but that's really an outlier.

I would not expect any significant changes beyond updated front and rear fascia and possibly some internal trim pieces. I would be shocked if there were any major changes like the items on your list. I could maybe see the 10-speed if they decided to punt on the 9-speed, but I doubt it.

#4 ·
I like the 360 degree camera. I occasionally hit something with the front when parking in unknown/tight places, it would be nice to have a cam in the front. I found the existing backup sensor does not work too well, I backed up and gently hit rear bumper on a concrete wall without warning! I know I should have watched the rear view camera, but then what is the use of sensing?

#6 ·
Well what's the sense in the rear view camera if you don't use it? Can't blame the car or Honda for that!

Reactions: BusDriverDan
#11 · (Edited)
True many have 300 ponies but what are the 0-60 times? Slow as balls [emoji12] . What amazes me is the smaller RX300...300 ponies and doing high 6s....Terrible for something that should be soo quick and nimble.
Edit: All the RXs from the 350 to the 450 FSport are doing 7.7 to 7.9. LoL, I get the sublime reliability and appointments but those things are made for grandma's. Yikes.

#13 ·
I would add:

Ability to disable the Idle Stop Feature in the System without having to manually press the button every time you crank the car.

Add a Power on/off button for the stereo on the steering wheel.

Agree with adding power folding mirrors, we have it on our '06 Sienna and use it all the time. My dealer looked at me like I was nuts when I asked about it when we were shopping for our Pilot.

#20 ·
I wouldn't be surprised if that feature was necessary to meet a particular fleet fuel economy target. I'm the other way about it - I occasionally turn off the air conditioning so that the vehicle will stay in Idle Stop longer (we have some VERY long traffic lights here)

#14 · (Edited)
Agree on
- folding mirrors
- 360 camera
- mute button (on wheel) for stereo
- sensing standard for EX-L
- blind spot rather than lanewatch
- (added) hands-free trunk

Add:
- HondaLink app with ability to lock/unlock and remote start
- LED lights (int/ext)
- selectable view of rear camera
- 110v outlet in cargo area
- electronic parking brake
- all season mats that cover the dead pedal
- lockable undertrunk and center console
- ability to completely disable beeping (tailgate included)
- Bluetooth audio from phone on ALL broadcast modes including AM/FM/XM
- change "private mode" protocol to make phone calls connect via car Bluetooth if paired
- accessible negative battery post or easily accessed unpainted frame/motor mount
- better pop up windscreen from moonroof to reduce noise (see image for example).
- (added) all dash vents to have close feature
- (added) roof rails in black in addition to the silver currently offered

#16 ·
Did anyone else receive an email from Honda for an online survey about the a future RES? It asked your opinion on two proposed RES setups. One option ditched the DVD/BR player in favor of a built-in ability to access streaming content. The other option kept the RES as-is but added the streaming ability. There were other questions about what existing features were preferred and how much. Unfortunately, I didn't see anything that mentioned adding the ability to play video content from a flash-drive which is what I would prefer.

#18 ·
I loved both of our previous Odysseys, but would not want to go back to one now that we've owned our Pilot for around 18 months. The one thing I do miss about our Odyssey is the interior luggage space.

I would like to see Honda add an optional extended length version of the Pilot to their line, similar to what Ford has done with the Expedition EL model. I wouldn't necessarily want the wheel base lengthened, but would like to see an addition 8-10" of length behind the rear seat for luggage space. That would also allow enough room to move the spare tire back to the side of the vehicle and give a much deeper storage compartment under the rear floor.

#26 ·
I know that on a BMW it is a simple change to the code on the OBC to disable "idle-stop". I suspect that it would be the same for Honda. I have no idea if there is any aftermarket "tuners" for Honda who might be able to identify the OBC setting for idle stop. After all, pushing the button is merely changing a variable in the car's software - I am betting that it could be hard coded in with the the right information. That said, I suspect it's simple to say, hard to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.