Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Pic of your Pilot - Right now

76K views 259 replies 105 participants last post by  Pilot954 
#1 · (Edited)
This kind of thread is one of the most popular or most replied thread on previous Audizine forum any pix at the moment or on that day pix to share so this thread would be perfect to have it always on the top. I came from Audi A5 (highly modified) as previous car and this thread was the most popular long lasting thread so I wanted to start on this forum as happy Pilot owner.

Not that anyone would care but here is my previous car.

My Pilot, just got the tint and running board for now and waiting for the lower trim for the front rear to be installed.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice Job. I've thought about tinting the front windows. What tint color and percentage did you go with? I talked to a my wife's cousin who's a NYPD officer and he told me it's illegal to have the front window tinted. He said people do it all the time but there is potential to get pulled over.

Running board looks nice too. OEM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 · (Edited)
^^^Yellow fog lights, me likey! :29:

How'd you get yours?

Edit: No, wait, those aren't fog lights, are they? 3rd gen has me all confused. :confused:

#29 ·
....now I want OEM 20's on my Pilot and that'll be the last thing I'll do for awile...

Sent from Galaxy S7 edge
I have set of OEM 20" wheels off my touring for sale :grin:. About 1k miles on it. Like new condition. No tires, no TPMS, no valve stem. Center caps and 20 lug nuts included.

#33 ·
Looking good wootek... it's nice here in NYC too. Need a car wash desperately then going to put on leds for high-beams, fog lights and reverse lights. Afterwards put on the mudguards. Everything's been sitting in my trunk bc it's been so cold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#40 ·
It was $120 for 2 windows. I used this guy before on my 2015 Pilot. All they do is Window Tint. Nothing else. They do it without removing the door panels which is important to me.

The quotes I got from other places that do Stereo, detailing, tint wanted between $85.00 and $90.00 but they wanted to remove the door panels. Previous experience has not bee good when door panels are pulled off. They never fit quite right.

#42 · (Edited)
Interesting story. I'll post a couple pics below of my paint and how good it looks. So, we bought a 2017 EX-L Pilot - in the only color I buy, black. I fell for the Simoniz gimmick, since I thought "hey, black car, lifetime warranty...maybe it's worth it". We picked up the Pilot and the very next day, it rained. As we were driving, I noticed that water was not shedding how I thought it should off the hood. It just looked worse than my 5 year old Accord Coupe (also black), which I maintain myself. I saw streaks where they did not wipe all the simoniz off or whatever they did. It was bad. We also had a ton of pollen, so the third day, I sprayed the car off. The pollen and dust didn't spray off and ultimately, had hard water spots develop on the hood. I'd never experienced this with a new car. I started to doubt they had even done the simoniz. Called the dealer and brought it back in to have the trailer hitch and simoniz redone. They were supposed to completely re-detail the Pilot. I get back home (cause I didn't notice in the light at the dealership) and see that the hard water spots were still there, but now SIMONIZED over. I was so angry. Called to get a refund and all that. Long story short, they ended up taking it to a professional detailer (cause I would not allow the Honda guys to touch it again), had it completely detailed, paint corrected (there were swirl marks and scratches as well) and they redid the simoniz. Paint looked incredible! First time I washed it, the water shed like the hydrophobic properties it was supposed to have. Looks unbelievable! So, moral of the story is, don't settle for the crap they try to push on you. If I'd had a light colored car, I probably never would have noticed.

Attachments

#44 · (Edited)
Sorry you had to endur all that headache but after the terrible experience, the end results look ridiculous. The finish is beyond incredible. I don't know squat about the Simonizing bc I opted out of "getting it in the ass" for all the extra hey were we're trying to push on me. But I use wolf gang paint sealant and the wolf gang spray detailer and I really like the results. Hard to find time these days with a 1.5 y/o running around to do anything.

How often do you do the simonize?

Honda Pilot '16 EX-L 4wd
Modern Steele Metallic/ Black

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.