Navigation/GPS problems on Pilot 2016 - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Navigation/GPS problems on Pilot 2016

Hi guys,

Often when i turn my car, the navigation gets all confused for 2-3 minutes and both the location and direction i am facing is all wrong. After about 2-3 minutes of driving it re calibrates and finds itself.

I read some people have similar issues. I am wondering if anyone had a fix for it or any luck with resolving this when they brought it in for service.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiy06 View Post
Hi guys,

Often when i turn my car, the navigation gets all confused for 2-3 minutes and both the location and direction i am facing is all wrong. After about 2-3 minutes of driving it re calibrates and finds itself.

I read some people have similar issues. I am wondering if anyone had a fix for it or any luck with resolving this when they brought it in for service.

Thanks

Have you tried updating your navigation software with a USB stick? https://honda.garmin.com/honda/?lang=en_US#getStarted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
2017 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 01:54 PM

Somebody said in the past that if you have your cell phone on the center console in front of the gear shift lever that screws with the GPS. Worth trying!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 02:23 PM

Updating the Garmin software pretty much solved the problem for me. It doesn't get all lost & wonky as much anymore.

2016 Honda Pilot Elite
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Great let me try it. I will post back if it does not work. If i dont come back to post everyone can assume it got fixed! So if anyone has the same problem they can use the same update.

Thanks so much for everyone's fast replies.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 07:24 PM

Mine still does, it's crap. Especially when we're in a city and we leave the parking lot. I'm lost and circling for a few minutes before I get a proper signal.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 09:04 PM

I find that all Garmin gps have a common issue, when I come out from a plaza or mall parking lot, the gps does not know where to direct you unless you are right next to a street. Otherwise it seems fine.

2016 Touring (Canadian), Obsidian Blue with running boards; Tow package.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 10:25 AM

On a side note, has anyone driven on I-95 and used the navigation? Surprisingly, my 2017 Pilot can't pronounce the word "buses" properly. When the display indicates I should take the "'cars-buses-trucks' lane," the text-to-speech says "CARS...BEEUSSES...TRUCKS." Just thought it was peculiar.

2014 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
2017 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 08:40 PM

Garmin text-to-speech has always had some funny quirks.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 07:07 PM

Did anyone get this resolved. Mine does this and it has the latest v2.7 2017 updates. Symptoms include car facing wrong direction and it being just slightly off the proper route. Seems random but when it happens it takes minutes of driving and circling around to get it to lock on.

Dealer has replaced antenna and yet to tell me what they will try next.

I have phones and tablets all of which lock on with no issues, but I didn't concede on trim level to get everything integrated. Hope they find a fix for this.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 03:42 PM
l-c

I have 2016 Elite US and have complained about this here and to the dealer. The dealer's answer has been yeah we know the problem, but no fix from Honda. I think my symptom is the same as others, does not happen all the time, but when it does, it takes several mins to lock. OK if I am leaving my house since I know which way I am going for the initial few mins, but to leave a strange place and had to wait for as long as 5 mins for the GPS to lock is very frustrating and unsafe sometimes.

2016 Honda Pilot Elite Modern Steel Metallic/Gray since 7/2015
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 11:09 PM
XV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by l-c View Post
I have 2016 Elite US and have complained about this here and to the dealer. The dealer's answer has been yeah we know the problem, but no fix from Honda. I think my symptom is the same as others, does not happen all the time, but when it does, it takes several mins to lock. OK if I am leaving my house since I know which way I am going for the initial few mins, but to leave a strange place and had to wait for as long as 5 mins for the GPS to lock is very frustrating and unsafe sometimes.
Same here. Dealer acknowledges the problem, no fix in sight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: