CarPlay/LaneWatch Glitch (Screen Switch from Maps to Music) - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CarPlay/LaneWatch Glitch (Screen Switch from Maps to Music)

We picked up our '17 EX-L w/ Sensing in mid-December and love it, but are frustrated with one CarPlay glitch. When using Maps through CarPlay and then right-hand turn signaling (triggering LaneWatch), the screen snaps back to the Music screen instead of the map after LaneWatch turns off. I then have to manually switch the screen back to the Maps screen, which is annoying and distracting. The problem goes away if LaneWatch is deactivated, but my wife likes LaneWatch and wants to keep it on. Sometimes music off the iPhone playlist would start playing as well after a right-hand turn signal, but I was able to fix that by de-selecting "Shuffle All" in the Now Playing screen.

Any ideas? I've done some research and found that the '16 Civics had problems with CarPlay and LaneWatch, but not this exact problem. I'm hoping it's an easy fix or maybe something that a firmware update will take care of. It happens on different iPhones, so it seems to be an issue with the car and not the phone.

Last edited by tcIII; 01-08-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:31 PM

I have noticed a similar glitch but did not narrow it down to the lanewatch triggering the music, I will pay closer attention and see if I am having the same problem.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:40 AM

I have 17 EXL Sensing, have not notice issue like yours but when using carplay, once a while my entire screen will go blank and I had to either unplug then plug the phone back or hit home and go back to carplay. So far in two weeks it happened twice, so, not enough to annoy me yet.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 10:04 PM

Go into Setting, smartphone, CarPlay, and delete all the phone profiles. Click each phone from the list and then click delete. That should reset and fix the CarPlay issue. Haven't ran into the glitch since but we also haven't use my wife phone since the issue. Issue happen when we used my wife's iPhone on ios9. I'm still running ios8.4 and most of time It's my phone that's connected. Bug somewhere in CarPlay. Honda or their developers won't fix it. If you complain enough all they will do is give you a new unit.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 12:01 PM

I was curious to see if I would experience this issue with my '17 Touring AWD and my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.2, but I could not replicate the issue you are having. It always returned to the same screen I was looking at before LaneWatch activated. I would suggest the same as Anekin007 and delete and recreate the profiles, after applying the latest iOS updates. I'll admit that CarPlay is still buggy - the Settings app on my iPhone crashed a few times by just moving around the icons so it shows up properly on my Pilot's HUD, and only once, it would not kick into CarPlay without me actually shutting down and restarting the car.

2014 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
2017 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:05 PM

I have an issue with the podcast app sometimes it's playing and out of nowhere it stops. I have to open it and tap on "resume". Ugh, kind of annoying.

Also, the other day (this has only happened once), the whole system kept on re-starting when I was on a phone call and the car asked if I wanted to transfer the call to the car's Bluetooth and I selected "No". It went crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: