Radio / stereo tip.. - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Radio / stereo tip..

This tip has been great for me, used in in my 2014 Odyssey and it works in the 2017 Pilot.. If you want to continue listening to the radio or in my case talking on the bluetooth.. Hold the trigger on the shifter when you hit the button to shut the pilot off.. The radio stays on.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 03:31 PM

And for electronic models, select "Neutral" then "Engine Off" then "Park". The accessories will remain on while the vehicle is turned off.

2016 Pilot Canadian Touring (American Elite), Black Forest Pearl, Black Leather Interior
ZF 9, Engine Block Heater, Power Folding Mirrors, Trailer Hitch, Harness, Wiring, ATF Cooler
Lighted Running Boards, Locking Wheel Nuts, Roof Rack Cross Bars, Rear Bumper Applique
Cargo Cover Kit, Cargo Liner and Dividers, All Weather Protection Mats, Tent

Last edited by Pilot 2016; 01-03-2017 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Clarify shift sequence.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdave View Post
This tip has been great for me, used in in my 2014 Odyssey and it works in the 2017 Pilot.. If you want to continue listening to the radio or in my case talking on the bluetooth.. Hold the trigger on the shifter when you hit the button to shut the pilot off.. The radio stays on.

OMG, you get a box of Internet cookies for that one! I absolutely hated that about this car and couldn't figure out how to leave the radio on, I gave up even after cruising the manual! Thank you!
Yoda, airbornevet and Yurjan like this.

2016 EX-L Steel Sapphire on Grey
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 12:38 PM

Great tip. Thanks for posting!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:20 AM

Unless I'm missing something mine shuts off as soon as I let go of the shifter button.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

You hold the button on the shifter (not the d3 button) and turn the car off, then let go of the button. Radio should stay on.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdave View Post
You hold the button on the shifter (not the d3 button) and turn the car off, then let go of the button. Radio should stay on.

Mine turns off as soon as I release the button. So, engine running, press brake so I can pull the button in, release brake while holding button and press the start button. Engine turns off but as soon as the shifter button is released, everything off. 2016 EXL

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWINTRBO View Post
Mine turns off as soon as I release the button. So, engine running, press brake so I can pull the button in, release brake while holding button and press the start button. Engine turns off but as soon as the shifter button is released, everything off. 2016 EXL

Same thing happens to mine. As soon as shifter button is released, radio turns off. Also a 2016 EX-L.

2016 Pilot EX-L w/ Sensing
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeShark View Post
Same thing happens to mine. As soon as shifter button is released, radio turns off. Also a 2016 EX-L.
The missing step is to hit the start button again after the beeps stop and then release the button. It will go into Ignition ON mode so everything stays on but the engine.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
The missing step is to hit the start button again after the beeps stop and then release the button. It will go into Ignition ON mode so everything stays on but the engine.
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

I wish it would just stay on until I open the door like most cars I've owned and driven. This radio turning off is probably my only gripe about the car since I've owned it.
TWINTRBO likes this.

2016 Pilot EX-L w/ Sensing
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeShark View Post
I'll probly be corrected on this,but I believe the shifter button is mechanical only.
What I do on my EX is set the parking brake and hit the stop button. When I'm finished I put the shifter in Park and everything shuts off. I also think it's good to excercise the parking brake once in a while.

Steve
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 12:28 AM

Quote:

Cool, I will try it tomorrow, I was puzzled because it did not work for me either, I also notice you do not have to hit the button on the shifter, as long as you put your hand on the shift selector and apply little pressure forward like you are putting it into park, radio will stay on but will shut off as soon as you let your hand go on the shifter. Mine is 2017 EXL
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 12:46 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot 2016 View Post
And for electronic models, select "Neutral" then "Engine Off" then "Park". The accessories will remain on while the vehicle is turned off.
I tried this on my 2016 Touring and it did not work.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre007 View Post
I tried this on my 2016 Touring and it did not work.
Oh....sorry to hear that. This is unusual since we have the same model. I can post a video if it helps but this is the entire sequence: after vehicle comes to a stop, keep your foot on the brake > select "Neutral" > select "Engine On/Off" (vehicle engine will shut off but accessories such as radio will keep playing) > select "Park" > release foot from brake. If the accessories do not remain on while using this sequence, I would be curious as to why.

2016 Pilot Canadian Touring (American Elite), Black Forest Pearl, Black Leather Interior
ZF 9, Engine Block Heater, Power Folding Mirrors, Trailer Hitch, Harness, Wiring, ATF Cooler
Lighted Running Boards, Locking Wheel Nuts, Roof Rack Cross Bars, Rear Bumper Applique
Cargo Cover Kit, Cargo Liner and Dividers, All Weather Protection Mats, Tent
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbiker53 View Post
I'll probly be corrected on this,but I believe the shifter button is mechanical only.
What I do on my EX is set the parking brake and hit the stop button. When I'm finished I put the shifter in Park and everything shuts off. I also think it's good to excercise the parking brake once in a while.

Steve
Im pretty sure its got a switch in it because it wont shut off until the very last fraction of an inch. Yours will do it without the button because its not in park I'm assuming. I agree about using the brake once in a while but you can also do it while its in Park, which is a little safer IMO, not that you're wrong but I'd prefer it to be in P myself. I wish it went into ACC instead so everything else would shut off, but as mentioned I would prefer a 5 min grace for the radio and windows or until the door opened at least. Thats the smart way to do it anyway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: