Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2016 Honda Pilot Service Info

102K views 57 replies 43 participants last post by  WellSaid 
#1 · (Edited)
It seems that honda has done away with the paper service manual for a couple years now and went with a online subscription base media. The info i collected were from honda's service express website and is the same source that the techs uses. I was able to save over 1000 pdf but i know I'm still missing some info which I didn't get to finish doing like component location index and the schematics. I spent countless hours getting the important info like removing and installing. Some search words i used were remove, install, inspect, test, connectors, etc.

Here is the link for my google drive I'm sharing. If anyone wants to donate for the time i spent collecting them my PayPal email is anekin007@gmail.com. I would love to hop back on service express to finish off and collect more info on other cars. If the mods don't agree with this post please go ahead and delete. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_oKpK0tjrpqN3JuTktaS2hmSFk

- short description of each folder -

Component Location Index - blow out image for identifying parts name and location
Connector input and output - Wire description for connectors
Inspection info - description on various parts on how to inspect
Misc info - Just various info
Parts Test - description on how to test different parts
Remove, install, replace, check - how to remove just about every part and checking function of some parts (most useful info)
System description - parts function and description

See less See more
#7 ·
Owner's manuals can be ordered from Honda's contracted publisher, Helm Inc, but not service manuals. IIRC you used to be able to order "Official Honda" printed service manuals a year or so after a new vehicle was released. AFIAK Service Express is now the only source of that information.

#14 ·
Thank you for doing all this work.

I was wondering if there's a way to click on the links within a page. For instance under 'Component Location Index' there's one called 'Audio System Component Location'. Each thing in that blowup has a blue text of 'Removal, Installation and Test' line. It doesn't do anything when I click on it. Is it supposed to blowup into another page?

#22 ·
2017 Pilot Electrical Wiring Diagrams (EWD)

US and Canada

Cannot the post link. Send a PM to request the link.

:nerd:

#23 ·
US and Canada

Cannot the post link. Send a PM to request the link.
Links are now dead.

Reactions: cut4re
#25 ·
It seems that honda has done away with the paper service manual for a couple years now and went with a online subscription base media. The info i collected were from honda's service express website and is the same source that the techs uses. I was able to save over 1000 pdf but i know I'm still missing some info which I didn't get to finish doing like component location index and the schematics. I spent countless hours getting the important info like removing and installing. Some search words i used were remove, install, inspect, test, connectors, etc.

Here is the link for my google drive I'm sharing. If anyone wants to donate for the time i spent collecting them my PayPal email is anekin007@gmail.com. I would love to hop back on service express to finish off and collect more info on other cars. If the mods don't agree with this post please go ahead and delete. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_oKpK0tjrpqN3JuTktaS2hmSFk

Component Location Index -
blow out image for identifying parts name and location
Remove, install, replace, check - how to remove just about every part and checking function of some parts (most useful info)
you are awesome!

#44 ·
I am not able to access these docs. Can you download some PDFs and send them over to me? Looking to swap out stock in my 2016 to get CarPlay.

Does anyone know if I can just swap the receiver to be 2017 or newer? Or do I need to get a screen with receiver.

Has anyone tried this swap with 2018 or 2019 parts in their 2016? Seen a lot of folks do it with 2017.

#30 · (Edited)
I spent countless hours getting the important info like removing and installing. Some search words i used were remove, install, inspect, test, connectors, etc.
Hey, thanks for providing this. I have a question though: the "Third Row Seat Removal and Installation 1613" pdf seems to have one page blanked out. I can probably figure that bit out, but does anyone have access to the originals to see if there is a complete version of the document?

[Edit] I think I found it! It's the Interior Trim Cargo Area document.

#31 ·

2016 Honda Pilot Service Info - Google Drive

Component Location Index -
blow out image for identifying parts name and location
Thank you so much!