Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2nd row seat button for 3rd row access

12K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  KC_703 
#1 ·
We should be receiving our EX-L soon. I'm going to have a convertible carsest connected to the latch system and a booster seat sitting on the second row. Will the seat button work where the convertible car seat is located if someone is trying to get to the 3rd row? Or will it not fold forward b/c a car seat is located there?

#5 ·
I don't think so... If I'm understanding your question correctly. However, did you actually put the car seats in the Pilot before purchase to test functionality? We did -- and that's one of the main reasons we passed on the '14 and '15 Pilot. We would have not been able to get to the 3rd row with both the infant base and the "convertible" connected to latch. I was a shade disappointed to find the same true for the new '16... Though at this point, our oldest will be in an easily-removable booster in a year or two... still, she's in a high-back "booster" (a regular car seat that only acts as a booster, held in by the seat belt).

Honestly, this is one of the main reasons we ended up getting a van. To me, if we have to take things out each time we want/need to use the 3rd row, that's a hassle -- so why have a 3rd row we can't access easily?

If we had just a butt-booster that could be taken out easily, that may be a different story, but with the ever-changing recommendations, my now-five-year-old will be in a car seat of some kind until she's 10!! (ha ha, but seriously, I think they want them in a booster or high-back booster till 7 yr. old these days!!)

Good luck and I hope you find a solution that works for you. I would dislike not having easy access to the 3rd row. Even if it's not used as frequently!

#6 · (Edited)
I'm assuming by convertible seat you mean a rear-facing infant car seat that converts to a front facing toddler seat? If so, it sounds like the seat is now facing forward using the latch system?

If the above assumption is accurate, then no, the Pilot seat will not tilt and slide forward due to the front-facing car seat (the Pilot seat won't physically be able to tilt forward which I believe is a requirement for the slide portion of this feature to work). You should be able to slide the seat forward and backward (using the manual handle under the seat) but I don't believe that will allow someone to squeeze into the 3rd row. You are better off using the seat with the booster as that is a lot easier to remove, etc.

If this is a deal breaker, you should get to the dealer and test this out yourself. We were able to install our rear-facing car seat before buying. Get whatever questions you need answered BEFORE you buy the car. Or, buy an Elite, you can get to the back by squeezing (emphasize squeeze) between the captains chairs.

#8 ·
I just went through this. I have a car seat on my second row.
It will not do anything except unlock from the normal position and you just have to push it a bit to lock it back into place. It won't fold or break anything. My toddler is constantly pressing the button and I have to just push the seat back in again and hear the click . I wish there was a way to disable it temporarily.

#9 ·
You fellas trying to get 2 car seats in the 2nd row in Tourings and below should really look into the Diono Radian to Rainier line of car seats. They are 17-18.5" wide and allows you to fit 3 across...or just two on the 60 side. Top notch car seats. Bought a Rainier on Amazon for $150....kicks the snot out of any Evenflo, Graco, MaxCosi, and many other brands offerings. I have full access to the 3rd row on the 40 side. My 2 ?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I had the same concern, and personally happy that the access button doesn't work when the car seat is in. Lit buttons are a target and the last thing I want is the seat moving forward and possibly harming my baby girl. Use the other seat for access to the 3rd row...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.