Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

AVS in-channel window visors

25K views 75 replies 20 participants last post by  Gqcheetos 
#1 ·
Who would like to pay $200+ for a set of OEM window visors? AVS has been making auto visors since the 1930's and they just came out with a set for my 2016 Pilot. They look great for only $70. The fit is very tight on the front and the window needs to be raised little by little so the window doesn't auto-reverse itself, but that's minor and anyone can install in 10 minutes. Now I can crack the windows on a rainy day!
AVS 194557 Smoke in Channel Ventvisor in Channel Window Visors Front 4 Pcs | eBay

#2 ·
The fit is very tight on the front and the window needs to be raised little by little so the window doesn't auto-reverse itself, but that's minor and anyone can install in 10 minutes.
Funny that you say it's a minor issue as I would consider that to be a serious design flaw. You're telling me that I can't use my auto up feature on the windows and not only that, I have to pay special attention to them and carefully roll up each one of them and then double check to make sure they actually went up and the anti pinch feature didn't engage? Maybe if I only rolled my windows up and down once a month it wouldn't be a big deal, but we're talking about something most people do a few times a day for 8-12 months a year. Sounds like a huge hassle.

#4 ·
I've seen AVS visors on many vehicles on the road. Dislike how they bubble out and/or cover up the chrome trim on many rides....looks god aweful. There is no way I'd would go that route. Give me something with the chrome trim on it, like OEM, or a svelte in-channel that weathertech is known for. Being that the later is MIA on this front...there aren't many options. Please post some pics of the AVS ones my friend. I can be wrong of course as I do not own them and they don't post pics of the Pilot models.

#10 ·
I'll be fine until WeatherTech has theirs out.

BigDozer66

#16 ·
These are much nicer for $64. It has already been discussed in this forum with positive input. It look very much like the OEM version except it is way cheaper. I have AVS on my CRV and I think the color is too dark.

https://www.wellvisors.com/product/3-847hd029.html

#17 ·
I like how they used the pic of my Pilot to showcase the visors. Scumbags didn't get permission.... been trying to contact them for days on a warranty issue...they look great but their customer service blows.

#23 ·
I like how they have the little cutout for that thing that is on the front windows. I still haven't figured out what in the schnell it is for yet though.

#30 ·
I'm currently shopping for window visors myself. I spoke to a WeatherTech sales rep and he said that they are in the development stage. Because they design them but have them manufactured through a secondary company, he couldn't give me an exact date of when they will be ready. He's hoping they will be ready within the next 6-8 weeks provided that all the testing goes as expected. I put in a product request form so they'll contact me once they are ready.

I was going to go with the AVS ones but preferred not to use an adhesive if I don't have to.

#35 ·
Mistake....The chrome trim portion will get water behind it and start to flake off the clear coat plastic. Will look like hot garbage after a season. Trust me. BTW, their customer service, aka the parent company, advan-emotion is absolute trash. Rude, incompetent and utter trash. They don't pick up phones or callback.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.