2016 Honda Pilot OEM illuminated door sills accessory for rear doors is possible - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
2016 Honda Pilot OEM illuminated door sills accessory for rear doors is possible

I always thought Honda should have included illuminated door sills for the back doors as they do for the fronts. However since they didn't I purchased two sets and used one of the lighted set for the front and applied it to the back.

It's not all plug and play since I had to swap two plugs from the wire that connects to the car and wire that connects to the back door. You will use all four wire sets but that's all you'll need. No wire extensions needed and, after the plug swap, it plugs in like OEM.

Wanted to let everyone know that it is possible if you are interested in this mod.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2442.JPG
Views:	994
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	87745   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2441.JPG
Views:	961
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	87753   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2444.JPG
Views:	1188
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	87761  

2016 Pilot Elite - Modern Steel Metallic - Gray interior.
Front lower and chrome bumper trim, lighted running board, chrome door trim, color match door trim, rear lower bumper cover, tailgate bumper cover, tailgate chrome trim, Lighted door sill, cargo cover, 2nd and 3rd seat cover
Front and rear dash cam. Front bumper camera w/ 4.3" LCD, Wood trim kit, WeatherTech mats, Ultinon H8 6k LED fog light, Led interior, Roku 3 RES, Front window tint 35%, LampGard, LED rope running lights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 08:11 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks awesome cvsy24!!!! good job!!!

thanks for the explanation too!

2016 Elite Obsidian Blue Pearl - gray interior (lots 'O bling
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 02:11 AM

Awesome!! Let me know if you plan to sell the other ordinary pair. :-)

Out of topic. Hows the use of Roku 3 in your RES cvsy24?

Thanks.

Last edited by baksi; 05-27-2016 at 02:35 AM.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvsy24 View Post
I always thought Honda should have included illuminated door sills for the back doors as they do for the fronts. However since they didn't I purchased two sets and used one of the lighted set for the front and applied it to the back.

It's not all plug and play since I had to swap two plugs from the wire that connects to the car and wire that connects to the back door. You will use all four wire sets but that's all you'll need. No wire extensions needed and, after the plug swap, it plugs in like OEM.

Wanted to let everyone know that it is possible if you are interested in this mod.
Do you have the part numbers to achieve this?

And a quick synopsis? I really want to do this too.

Thanks!
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 02:42 PM

Looks good. Damn I should have bought a second front pair when they had their pricing error. Took Honda 3 months to figure out that accessories sold by pieces cost less than a whole set. Got most of my accessories at half price.

Here's the parts list.

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I didn't want to take everything out of my car again but I am showing you the major steps here. You will need the installation for the OEM door sill instructions to remove the front panel trims.

Removing the back panel trims
2016 Honda Pilot OEM illuminated door sills accessory for rear doors is possible-installation-0.jpg

Swapping plugs
2016 Honda Pilot OEM illuminated door sills accessory for rear doors is possible-installation-1.png

Final setup
2016 Honda Pilot OEM illuminated door sills accessory for rear doors is possible-installation-2.png

Baksi, I posted the door sill to the classifies.
BigDozer66 and hoang51 like this.

Front lower and chrome bumper trim, lighted running board, chrome door trim, color match door trim, rear lower bumper cover, tailgate bumper cover, tailgate chrome trim, Lighted door sill, cargo cover, 2nd and 3rd seat cover
Front and rear dash cam. Front bumper camera w/ 4.3" LCD, Wood trim kit, WeatherTech mats, Ultinon H8 6k LED fog light, Led interior, Roku 3 RES, Front window tint 35%, LampGard, LED rope running lights.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 06:32 PM

Ahhh so you just use the front part on the rear and all the wiring is in the door for eletricity?
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yes just the swapping of the plugs is key. I mean you can probably just cut wires and splice but I wanted a clean install.
BigDozer66 likes this.

Last edited by cvsy24; 05-27-2016 at 07:22 PM.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvsy24 View Post
I didn't want to take everything out of my car again but I am showing you the major steps here. You will need the installation for the OEM door sill instructions to remove the front panel trims.

Baksi, I posted the door sill to the classifies.
Hey cvsy24,

Go this done thanks for your instructions. it looks like you were right. Order 1 kit and 2 extra accessory harnesses and just splice together. I felt like its hard to explain and easier if you looked at the existing wiring. I LOVE IT! Thanks for pioneering this one!...

Unfortunately, wife and friends don't notice the difference..... probably cause she never sits in the back.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Glad it worked. Doesn't matter who noticed, we know it's there and different.

post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 11:08 AM

To clarify, do I need two of the entire kit (part # 08E12-TG7-100) or the front assembly (part # 08E12-TG7-1M001) plus the extra harness?

From looking at the diagram is looks like you only need an extra front assembly and harness as oppose to two full kits. Is this correct or am I looking at something different?

Thanks

2016 Pilot EX-L w/NAV (MFG 05/16) - Crystal Black Pearl with Black Leather Interior
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 07:52 PM

Yes exactly. You need the ENTIRE KIT + the 2 extra harnesses... Reason why is because if you just piece #2 together, I am not sure if they give you harnesses.
blackpilotboss likes this.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 12:30 AM

Sounds good, thanks. I ordered the harness and fuse already so I will order #2 soon.

2016 Pilot EX-L w/NAV (MFG 05/16) - Crystal Black Pearl with Black Leather Interior
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 02:29 AM

If I order 1 front garnish assembly, will it come as a PAIR or just one piece? I am confuse because HondaPartsNetwork recommends to order TWO of the front garnishes at $99 each (making it $198

Pilot Touring AWD 2016 (White Diamond Pearl)
Build date: 01/25/16
Delivery Date: 2/9/2016
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhax View Post
If I order 1 front garnish assembly, will it come as a PAIR or just one piece? I am confuse because HondaPartsNetwork recommends to order TWO of the front garnishes at $99 each (making it $198
One left one right. Its 200 bux. So you might as well get teh ENTIRE kit + 2 two harnesses....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: