Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

running boards

197K views 343 replies 141 participants last post by  wasidremin 
#1 ·
hi guys I'm new here looking to buy a running boards any suggestions??? i looked dealer amazon and eBay please help thanks a lot

#2 ·
Im also looking to buy a running board in the near future, Ive tried to search online because its much cheaper than my local Honda dealer. Im planning to install it by myself to save more $$.

I tried to look for the cheapest "SHIPPED" running board online, I dont know how reliable some of this website but some are already known for good price and legit.

All this prices are shipped to me (pacific northwest)

Honda OEM 2016 Pilot Chrome running board ($625)
Honda village -$475
HandA accessories -$480
Bernardi Parts -$508
College hills -$531
BK honda parts -$483
Majestic Honda -$475
eBay Gregmayhonda -$447
Amazon sellers -$489 to $576

Those prices are from end Feb 2016 and maybe different due to shipping cost.

Please feel free to add where can we buy 3rd gen accessories online (cheaper deals!)

#173 ·
I don't recommend Bernardi Parts. I bought my running boards and both came dented. I tried to get them replaced but they never responded. Had to file a claim with my American Express card and dispute the charge due their lack of responsiveness. The kept telling me to email some people to do a swap and they kept saying, to write them and I did but never heard from them. They kept saying that they didn't get my messages at the end BBB closed the complaint unresolved so I went to my CC company.

#3 ·
Wow.. Kudos to Rstyle for doing all the research and providing the details.

I think one off items, amazon may be a good bet, otherwise order in bulk from one of the dealers above.

#8 ·
I bought most of my accessories from HandAcessories. They are legitimate real Honda parts. I have also bought them and pick up at their place too.:grin:

#6 ·
I purchased the lighted running boards from College Hills Honda and had my dealer install them. No issues with the purchase, installation or LED lights (yet) however, the chrome side strip is finished with a rather cheap material that is subject to surface rust & blemishes.

Plan on buying some chrome polish to clean the chrome with occasionally.

#7 ·
Prices have certainly increased since Oct 2015. I paid $443.75 usd shipped to pacific northwest also from G1parts.com for a set of chrome running boards. Today's rate is $500.00

^ Can't agree more on the chrome side strip finish, its showing its rust royal cheapness. I can't blame the road salt as we didn't have any over the winter this season.

#9 ·
Petrolhead said:
Prices have certainly increased since Oct 2015. I paid $443.75 usd shipped to pacific northwest also from G1parts.com for a set of chrome running boards. Today's rate is $500.00

^ Can't agree more on the chrome side strip finish, its showing its rust royal cheapness. I can't blame the road salt as we didn't have any over the winter this season.
I received this email from Bernardi Parts today:

"Dear Valued Bernardi Parts Customer,

I wanted to take a moment to pass along an email I just received from American Honda. It reads:

Dear Honda Parts Manager,

On April 1, 2016, American Honda will implement a weighted price increase on replacement automotive parts. Actual increases will vary slightly from one product category to another.

Thank you for your continued support of Honda Genuine Parts and Accessories.

We expect our systems to be updated with this new pricing information by April 14th.

Beat American Honda's price increase and order before April 1, 2016!

Thank you all for being part of the Bernardi Family
!"

(Is this an "April Fool's" joke? Unfortunately, not.)

#10 ·
#14 ·
Does anyone have a closeup picture with the lights on? I am thinking of getting this one and trying to see the difference with the lighted one. Also, are they sturdy enough if someone steps on it with full weight while getting in or out or is there a weight limit to it when people step on them. Thanks.

How did you contact them? Do you buy it from Bernardi Parts and they take the labor for installation or they get the parts at the same price?

#17 ·
anyone here bought and installed an aftermarket one? i am currently in the market for a running boards and would like to get feedback on aftermarket brand vs oem.

#18 ·
#21 ·
dad love mom said:
OP - Are you sure want to do that? You lose ground clearance as well as overall appealing aesthetics. Seriously. The running boards changes the entire look of the vehicle.
Have to disagree with you on both your assertions.

Ground clearance is determined by the lowest parts of the car and there are lower points underneath than the running boards.

IMO the running boards (especially the lighted ones) add to the looks of the Pilot. I'm glad I put them on mine. Plus my wife and kids appreciate having them.

#23 ·
I just installed the Vanguard 2014-2016 Acura MDX running boards on my 2016 Pilot EX-L today and they look great. They really complete the look and add the function my wife and grandson needed. I bought my running boards for 225.00 with free shipping on EBay but I see you can buy them all the time for 289.00 with free shipping. It took about an hour and everything went smoothly for a fairly non mechanically inclined 61 year old. I will post photos tomorrow.

#30 ·
I'm happy with the quality (and function). I took more photos yesterday but can't post from my iPad. I will add from my computer tomorrow. I hate the small file size requirement. Makes it difficult to view quality photos. On the same subject note that Honda (Vanguard) running boards on Amazon are much higher 409.00 (from the same seller). eBay only 289.00 for MDX or if you search for Pilot 349.00 OBO. Same model # of running board

#34 ·
Not lighted. Just alot cheaper and maybe doesn't have a rust issue. That's a win win. Especially since the lights have a tendency to short out. Once out of the 1 year dealer warranty period..you are SOL'd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.