running boards - Page 2 - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
 41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 161 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 01:12 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by optivity View Post
I purchased the lighted running boards from College Hills Honda and had my dealer install them. No issues with the purchase, installation or LED lights (yet) however, the chrome side strip is finished with a rather cheap material that is subject to surface rust & blemishes.

Plan on buying some chrome polish to clean the chrome with occasionally.
How much is your dealer charge you for the installation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 161 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 02:00 AM

anyone here bought and installed an aftermarket one? i am currently in the market for a running boards and would like to get feedback on aftermarket brand vs oem.
toolazy4alogin likes this.

2005 Honda Pilot EX AWD: Billet Silver Metallic
2011 Honda Pilot EX AWD: Polished Metal Metallic
2016 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD: White Diamond Pearl [Weathertech Floor Liners][Photodon Screen Protector][Splash Guard][Romik RAL Running Board][Hood Bug Deflector][Moonroof Visor][Door Visor][Roof Rails][Morimoto XB55 HID]
post #18 of 161 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 05:31 PM

I am looking at this after market running board. I have seen current version of MDX with this running board installed and it look good. If anyone installed it on the Pilot please let me know if you are satisfied with it.

Vanguard 2016 2017 Honda Pilot Sport Style Side Step Aluminum Running Board | eBay

post #19 of 161 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 05:36 PM

Ordered OEM with lights from dealer along with other accessories, long before car came in. NO CHARGE.. they even installed one i bought myself online.
post #20 of 161 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 05:58 PM

OP - Are you sure want to do that? You lose ground clearance as well as overall appealing aesthetics. Seriously. The running boards changes the entire look of the vehicle.
post #21 of 161 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad love mom
OP - Are you sure want to do that? You lose ground clearance as well as overall appealing aesthetics. Seriously. The running boards changes the entire look of the vehicle.
Have to disagree with you on both your assertions.

Ground clearance is determined by the lowest parts of the car and there are lower points underneath than the running boards.

IMO the running boards (especially the lighted ones) add to the looks of the Pilot. I'm glad I put them on mine. Plus my wife and kids appreciate having them.
sushi96720, Tactical808 and Djaxx like this.
post #22 of 161 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 06:25 PM

Garage
I also have the lit running boards and they look great at night when approaching the vehicle. Plus the little ones like to see where they're putting their feet in the dark.

2016 Honda Pilot, Touring (Elite)
post #23 of 161 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 09:49 PM

I just installed the Vanguard 2014-2016 Acura MDX running boards on my 2016 Pilot EX-L today and they look great. They really complete the look and add the function my wife and grandson needed. I bought my running boards for 225.00 with free shipping on EBay but I see you can buy them all the time for 289.00 with free shipping. It took about an hour and everything went smoothly for a fairly non mechanically inclined 61 year old. I will post photos tomorrow.
post #24 of 161 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPilot de Snow View Post
I just installed the Vanguard 2014-2016 Acura MDX running boards on my 2016 Pilot EX-L today and they look great. They really complete the look and add the function my wife and grandson needed. I bought my running boards for 225.00 with free shipping on EBay but I see you can buy them all the time for 289.00 with free shipping. It took about an hour and everything went smoothly for a fairly non mechanically inclined 61 year old. I will post photos tomorrow.
Would love some pics. Thanks!

2016 Obsidian Blue Touring -Maxed Out Bling
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 161 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 10:53 PM

Here's the Vanguard Acura MDX 2014-2016 runnung boards on my Pilot. The only other things I added were the chrome front grill thing instead of the black plastic and the splash guards. Under two hours to install all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pilot Running board 05.08.16a.jpg
Views:	3994
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	86282  
post #26 of 161 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Here's the Vanguard Acura MDX 2014-2016 runnung boards on my Pilot. The only other things I added were the chrome front grill thing instead of the black plastic and the splash guards. Under two hours to install all.
Can you post a top down pictures close up? Also, is the side chrome piece aluminum or chrome? The OEM Honda strip rusts. No way I want that. Thanks, looks very nice.

2016 Obsidian Blue Touring -Maxed Out Bling
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 161 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 11:19 AM

I'm interested in seeing more pictures as well. Currently, I'm debating on whether to get the OEM running boards or aftermarket ones. Do all the OEM running boards have the rust issue or is it from an early batch that has since been corrected?
post #28 of 161 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCaliber View Post
I'm interested in seeing more pictures as well. Currently, I'm debating on whether to get the OEM running boards or aftermarket ones. Do all the OEM running boards have the rust issue or is it from an early batch that has since been corrected?
Interested in response on this too, mine has rust.
post #29 of 161 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 09:58 PM

Quote:
this looks good. how's the quality?

2005 Honda Pilot EX AWD: Billet Silver Metallic
2011 Honda Pilot EX AWD: Polished Metal Metallic
2016 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD: White Diamond Pearl [Weathertech Floor Liners][Photodon Screen Protector][Splash Guard][Romik RAL Running Board][Hood Bug Deflector][Moonroof Visor][Door Visor][Roof Rails][Morimoto XB55 HID]
post #30 of 161 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 12:34 AM

I'm happy with the quality (and function). I took more photos yesterday but can't post from my iPad. I will add from my computer tomorrow. I hate the small file size requirement. Makes it difficult to view quality photos. On the same subject note that Honda (Vanguard) running boards on Amazon are much higher 409.00 (from the same seller). eBay only 289.00 for MDX or if you search for Pilot 349.00 OBO. Same model # of running board
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: