D.C. Pilot Luncheon #1 Photos - Page 6 - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
post #76 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 09:39 PM
Super Senior Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by Ziploc

But, if you're "very conservative" about taking deductions, you have nothing to worry about if you should hear from the IRS!!! (I know, you just don't want the hassle that would come with an audit.)
First of all, how do I determine what the IRS would consider a fair value for the deduction. Second, like you said, even if they want to check and I know it's fair I don't want the hassle.

Quote:
Alternatively, you could try to sell your vehicle for enough green to make the transaction worthwhile....or even give it to a friend or someone in your family, if it's still dependable transportation.
The trouble with that is that as of today the car is running great with no problems but tomorrow something expensive could break with a car this old. If it does even though I had no clue whomever ended up with the car would no doubt harbor bad feelings towards me.

Note: If you want to be sure I see a post either quote a message from me or put - florida_guy - somewhere in the body of the post so it shows up when I search. I am trying to stay active without spending too much time here.

'03 Pilot EX Sandstone Metallic

Options:
Cargo Cover
OEM Hitch
StreetPilot 2610
Sportsworks Transport Bike Carrier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 09:47 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ramirami
Re: All OK's in to post people pics

Quote:
Since I'm still crazy enough to be awake, and we've gotten the go-ahead from all luncheon participants, I'll kick off the pics showing the "people behind the vehicles." First, we have (L to R) Paul V7, 6-yr-old Romlmkt "Jr.", Romlmkt, Mrs. Romlmkt, Klowry, Aerostar, Ziploc, Mr. Ziploc, and kemosabe. (Thanks, weekendpilot, for lending me your umbrella! Hmmm, you're not in this pic; were you taking the shot??)
so how did you get kemo to take off that dreaded mask ...and did not his sidekick come ??

Ziploc wheres the cat

<b><del>2003 <font color="silver">Starlight Silver</font> EXL_RES</del></b>
<br>
<b>2005 <font color="blue">Blue</font> Audi A4 Cabriolet 3.0</b>
<br>
<b> 2011 Black Audi Q5 2.0T </b>
post #78 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 09:55 PM
Super Senior Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to "glare" out the license plate?

Quote:
Originally posted by colorider

Hmmm, what does having my license plate number visible in a photo have to do with anyone knowing when I leave for a trip? I still contend they can find just as much about me by simply opening the phone book. Pretty darn simple to figure out an address there!!

O.K. let me try again.

First of all he can not look up your address in your phone book if all he has is your license plate number.

Now back to what I explained poorly in my last message. Although this forum clearly attracts a great group of folks there is always the possibility that there is a bad apple or two out there.

You mention your plans to go out of town for a week here, so we're not all worried "what the heck happened to colorider?!" . One of those bad apples remembers that a picture of your Pilot with license plate showiing was posted a while back and searches for it. He happens to have access to Motor Vehicle records somehow, looks up your address, and discovers that he lives 30 miles from where you do. Knowing that no one will be home, while you're gone he goes to your house and breaks in.

Not a real likely scenario and not trying to scare you but a reasonable amount of caution is prudent on the internet.

The guy who sees your license plate while you are driving down the street has no way of knowing you are going to be out of town.

Note: If you want to be sure I see a post either quote a message from me or put - florida_guy - somewhere in the body of the post so it shows up when I search. I am trying to stay active without spending too much time here.

Options:
Cargo Cover
OEM Hitch
StreetPilot 2610
post #79 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 09:59 PM

Re: Re: All OK's in to post people pics

Quote:
Originally posted by ramirami

so how did you get kemo to take off that dreaded mask ...and did not his sidekick come ??

Ziploc wheres the cat
While kemo left his mask home, he did come wearing a very attractive green Honda Pilot cap!!! Kemo in fact had hoped to bring along his sidekick (of sorts)--his 2-year-old son--but, unfortunately, he was under the weather and had to stay home.

As for my cat---he doesn't travel very well!!!!

'03 Pilot Starlight Silver EX
~ Towing Package
~ Fog Lights w/ Lower Trim & Garnish
~ Running Boards, Rear Mud Guards
~ All-Weather Mats
~ Wheel Locks
~Cargo Area Accessories: Cover * Tray * Organizer * Net
~ Honda Pilot.org Accessories: License Plate Frame * Sticker
post #80 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 10:02 PM
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jay

I agree with the recommendations regarding the car. If you don't sell it, at least donate it to a group that reconditions it and gives it to someone in need, and not one of those groups who subcontract the retrieval of donated cars, and usually only end up with 10% or less of the value you deduct after the car is sold at auction, and the retrieval company takes their fee.
How do I know the difference?

Options:
Cargo Cover
OEM Hitch
StreetPilot 2610
post #81 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 10:15 PM
Super Senior Member

Re: Donating vehhicles and getting tagged back...

Quote:
Originally posted by Romlmkt

and HERE IS THE PROBLEM; They never clear your name from the title.

In theory, the party that buys the car from the Charity/processor is supposed to title the car. But if they don't and the rack up tickets or -- as in the case of the article -- use the vehicle in a crime everything points back to you -- in the form of a SWAT team at your door in the story. I guess some states are better than others checking out your story/paperwork but that's of little comfort while you're sweating out criminal charges or fines.
Thanks for the warning! I never would have consdered that!

Options:
Cargo Cover
OEM Hitch
StreetPilot 2610
post #82 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kemosabe

florida_guy: I think aerostar45 has me beat by 2 days...

aerostar45 buys his Pilot: August 4th, 2002
kemosabe buys his Pilot: August 6th, 2002

aerostar45 also has everyone beat in terms of mileage: over 20K, I believe... I can't remember who had the fewest...
Well, actually my mileage is just under 20k. It is 19535 right now!

Aerostar

Taffeta White EX
Fog Light, Auto Day/Night Mirror, Cross Bar, Mud Flap, All Season Mats, Cargo tray, Running Board.

Life changed and I have sold it on Dec 2003.
post #83 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by florida_guy

Holy Mackeral! Let's see August 4th to June 16th. The eighth month minus the 6th month makes 3 months that he owned it. 20K divided by 3 months comes out to 2 thousand miles a month! That's a bunch!
Great Math Florida_guy! That teaches me what it takes to live up with your name.

Aerostar

Taffeta White EX
Fog Light, Auto Day/Night Mirror, Cross Bar, Mud Flap, All Season Mats, Cargo tray, Running Board.

post #84 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 11:20 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to colorider
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to "glare" out the license plate?

Quote:
Originally posted by florida_guy

O.K. let me try again.

First of all he can not look up your address in your phone book if all he has is your license plate number.

Now back to what I explained poorly in my last message. Although this forum clearly attracts a great group of folks there is always the possibility that there is a bad apple or two out there.

You mention your plans to go out of town for a week here, so we're not all worried "what the heck happened to colorider?!" . One of those bad apples remembers that a picture of your Pilot with license plate showiing was posted a while back and searches for it. He happens to have access to Motor Vehicle records somehow, looks up your address, and discovers that he lives 30 miles from where you do. Knowing that no one will be home, while you're gone he goes to your house and breaks in.

Not a real likely scenario and not trying to scare you but a reasonable amount of caution is prudent on the internet.

The guy who sees your license plate while you are driving down the street has no way of knowing you are going to be out of town.
Wow - yeah, now I'm really worried!!! Gosh - I don't think I'll even post here anymore!!!

I'll also quit posting to my motorcycle list where close to 3,000 people know my name and where I live.

I better quit going to work too - people there know me and sure know when I go on vacation. I'm going to close all my window shades too. Use only the REAL low wattage light bulbs so no one will be able to see any shadows when we move about the house.

HELLO? Reality check!!!!

Yes, I lock my doors at night - but then I also know that just about any lock out there is only to keep the honest people honest. I'm pretty darn sure (and perhaps FLPilot can help me out here) that the majority of home break-ins are from the person down the street. Usually someone you know. Not from the "bad apple" you refer to that is stalking me on the internet.

YMMV

BTW, I'd rather be talking about Pilots than bad apples.

Enjoy Life Today
Yesterday Is Gone
Tomorrow May Never Come
post #85 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 11:28 PM

Motorcycle Man!

Are you okay?
I think they're trying to keep us safe We love you!
I really think all that browse here are great people, and we really have nothing to worry about, but yikes- you just never know.

I visited your photo gallery today, excellent snowpilot photos. Is this your gorgeous home? Not that I plan to break in, just thought it was a beautiful place. I too, did wonder what the heck the license plates were blurred for. Not exactly worried myself, but very considerate of them to do it anyhow.
I hope you had a great father's day after your wife returned.
We launched estes rockets, visited my (pocketless! )Dad at his Harley shop, and bbq'ed some yoshida burgers It was a good day.

'03 PILOT *Starlight Silver EX-L*
FormFit Air deflector, Splash Guards, Honda hitch, Honda All Weather Mats, dead pedal cover from wwong, Westin Oval Sidesteps, MICHELIN Cross Terrains
-----------------------------------------
'08 RIDGELINE RTL Formal Black
hitch only so far...
'02 XR50R The cutest honda ever.
post #86 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 11:32 PM

Pictures I took #1

Interesting enough, the licence plate in the picture are all glared out by themselves without any help.

Klowry was trying to shut the door as soon as possible when she got in her Sagebrush. It was pouring!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slide1.jpg (59.9 KB, 217 views)

Taffeta White EX

post #87 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 11:39 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to colorider
Re: Motorcycle Man!

Quote:
Originally posted by 74PILOTMOM
Are you okay?
I think they're trying to keep us safe We love you!
I really think all that browse here are great people, and we really have nothing to worry about, but yikes- you just never know.

I visited your photo gallery today, excellent snowpilot photos. Is this your gorgeous home? Not that I plan to break in, just thought it was a beautiful place. I too, did wonder what the heck the license plates were blurred for. Not exactly worried myself, but very considerate of them to do it anyhow.
I hope you had a great father's day after your wife returned.
We launched estes rockets, visited my (pocketless! )Dad at his Harley shop, and bbq'ed some yoshida burgers It was a good day.
Hey - thanks!!! Probably the picture you are referring to is at my wife's nephew's cabin up in the Black Hills. We are also going up over the 4th and take our bikes (pedal) for some riding.

After the Mrs got home we went out for lunch and then took a drive up to Estes Park with the top down on her convertible! It was great!!

Now - back to work tomorrow!!!

Enjoy Life Today
Yesterday Is Gone
Tomorrow May Never Come
post #88 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 11:55 PM

Picture I took #2

From Left to Right:

Mrs. Paul7, Mr Paul7, Romlmkt Jr., Mr. Romlmkt, Mrs. Romlmkt, Klowry, Aerostar45, Weekendpilot, Mrs. Ziploc, Mr. Ziploc, Kemosabe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slide2.jpg (126.7 KB, 218 views)

Taffeta White EX

post #89 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-16-2003, 12:02 AM

Picture I took #3

I have two more pictures waiting Kemo's touch before I can post it. However, my Taffeta White finally made its way into the garage, which was another thing to celebrate that day. Here is the picture. Man, is my garage small!

Aerostar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slide3.jpg (124.3 KB, 206 views)

Taffeta White EX

post #90 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-16-2003, 01:13 AM
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by aerostar45

Great Math Florida_guy! That teaches me what it takes to live up with your name.

Aerostar
Tank ewe

Options:
Cargo Cover
OEM Hitch
StreetPilot 2610
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: