D.C. Pilot Luncheon #1 Photos - Page 5 - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
post #61 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 01:03 PM
Super Senior Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: Re: Re: Re: How to "glare" out the license plate?

Quote:
Originally posted by colorider

No question about that - but they have the same opportunity to see my license plate anytime I have my vehicle out of my garage! Heck, they can look me up in the phone book easier and simply call me!

But then they don't know that you are about to embark on a trip to pick up a new motorcycle and leave your house unoccupied. I don't know how easy it is but I do know that you can get an address from a license plate.

Interesting that you call it a license plate like we did in Wisconsin. Down here everyone calls it a "tag".

Note: If you want to be sure I see a post either quote a message from me or put - florida_guy - somewhere in the body of the post so it shows up when I search. I am trying to stay active without spending too much time here.

'03 Pilot EX Sandstone Metallic

Options:
Cargo Cover
OEM Hitch
StreetPilot 2610
Sportsworks Transport Bike Carrier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 01:09 PM

And you only need ONE on your car down there. That's too weird to me.
BTW-I have lots of family back in Wisconsin, you cheesehead!

'03 PILOT *Starlight Silver EX-L*
FormFit Air deflector, Splash Guards, Honda hitch, Honda All Weather Mats, dead pedal cover from wwong, Westin Oval Sidesteps, MICHELIN Cross Terrains
-----------------------------------------
'08 RIDGELINE RTL Formal Black
hitch only so far...
'02 XR50R The cutest honda ever.
post #63 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 01:19 PM
Super Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to dandbtucker
Too Much Fun!

It looks like you friends had too much fun. Wish we could have found a excuse to get out of work to make the drive.

74Pilotmom...

Don't forget us down here if you plan on getting together. It is not such a long drive if we meet somewhere in the middle of the coast.

Thanks for sharing your trip gang..

Don

2003 Tafetta White EX (w/cloth)
Delivered 2/4/2003

post #64 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 01:25 PM
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 74PILOTMOM
And you only need ONE on your car down there. That's too weird to me.
BTW-I have lots of family back in Wisconsin, you cheesehead!
Yup. That sure makes FLPilot s' job a lot harder. I have family in the Milwaukee area and about 1/2 hour west of Madison.

Note: If you want to be sure I see a post either quote a message from me or put - florida_guy - somewhere in the body of the post so it shows up when I search. I am trying to stay active without spending too much time here.

'03 Pilot EX Sandstone Metallic

Options:
Cargo Cover
OEM Hitch
StreetPilot 2610
Sportsworks Transport Bike Carrier
post #65 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by florida_guy

Well, that's all I have to hear about that idea. I am very conservative about taking deductions. I don't want to have to go through life worrying that there is going to be a letter in the mailbox from the IRS. Thanks a ton for that info!
But, if you're "very conservative" about taking deductions, you have nothing to worry about if you should hear from the IRS!!! (I know, you just don't want the hassle that would come with an audit.)

I know several people who have given older, but still running, vehicles to charities (including my sister-in-law), and to date, no one has been audited. If it IS true that the donation of a vehicle is a "flag" to the IRS, I suspect that your chances of being audited are still pretty low.

I'm not sure this is an analogy, but....

I'm aware that registering to vote keeps my name in the "jury pool" (and I've been called to serve on juries twice in 10 years). But I feel it's the right thing to do and suspect the majority of folks feel similarly.

Anyway, just one person's humble opinion, florida_guy. Alternatively, you could try to sell your vehicle for enough green to make the transaction worthwhile....or even give it to a friend or someone in your family, if it's still dependable transportation.

'03 Pilot Starlight Silver EX
~ Towing Package
~ Fog Lights w/ Lower Trim & Garnish
~ Running Boards, Rear Mud Guards
~ All-Weather Mats
~ Wheel Locks
~Cargo Area Accessories: Cover * Tray * Organizer * Net
~ Honda Pilot.org Accessories: License Plate Frame * Sticker
post #66 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 02:20 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to colorider
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to "glare" out the license plate?

Quote:
Originally posted by florida_guy

But then they don't know that you are about to embark on a trip to pick up a new motorcycle and leave your house unoccupied. I don't know how easy it is but I do know that you can get an address from a license plate.

Interesting that you call it a license plate like we did in Wisconsin. Down here everyone calls it a "tag".

Hmmm, what does having my license plate number visible in a photo have to do with anyone knowing when I leave for a trip? I still contend they can find just as much about me by simply opening the phone book. Pretty darn simple to figure out an address there!!

Enjoy Life Today
Yesterday Is Gone
Tomorrow May Never Come
post #67 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 02:27 PM

Thanks for posting the photos our DC area Pilot comrades! Really cool to see all the Pilots lined up next to each other! Looks like you guys could have used an Evergreen

Fun to put faces to your names, too! A bit strange as I visualize your avitars when I see your name!

Thanks everyone and so glad you all had fun!

Time for a bunch of us West/Southwest Piloteers to get together!

1993 190E Mercedes
(Spruce Green Metallic/Creme Beige Leather/Burlwood trim)

2003 EX-L Evergreen Pearl
fog lights & lower trim; burlwood trim; tinted windows; roof rack; running boards; rear mud guards; towing package; Michelin Cross Terrains; full size spare; cargo cover & nets; all weather floor mats; OEM hitch bike rack; cargo tray; security system & wheel locks; windshield shade, blindspot mirrors.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #68 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to kemosabe Send a message via Yahoo to kemosabe
Re: How to "glare" out the license plate?

Quote:
Originally posted by aerostar45
I am about to post the picture but couldn't find a way to glare out the license plate like Kemo and WeekendPilot did. Can you two give me an idea how to do that? Thanks!

Aerostar
aerostar45: I sent you an e-mail on how to do it -- check your inbox...
post #69 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 05:03 PM

Re: Re: How to "glare" out the license plate?

Quote:
Originally posted by kemosabe

aerostar45: I sent you an e-mail on how to do it -- check your inbox...
Kemo,

Sorry to trouble you, but can you tell me how to "glare out" the license plates? I can paint over them, but that looks a bit funky and I end up trying all sorts of greys until I'm satisfied. I tend to use Picture It! for this although we've also got Adobe Photoshop Elements and whatever is on our HP.

Thanks!!

1993 190E Mercedes
(Spruce Green Metallic/Creme Beige Leather/Burlwood trim)

2003 EX-L Evergreen Pearl
fog lights & lower trim; burlwood trim; tinted windows; roof rack; running boards; rear mud guards; towing package; Michelin Cross Terrains; full size spare; cargo cover & nets; all weather floor mats; OEM hitch bike rack; cargo tray; security system & wheel locks; windshield shade, blindspot mirrors.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #70 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to kemosabe Send a message via Yahoo to kemosabe
Re: Re: Re: How to "glare" out the license plate?

Quote:
Originally posted by 2GREENCARS

Kemo,

Sorry to trouble you, but can you tell me how to "glare out" the license plates? I can paint over them, but that looks a bit funky and I end up trying all sorts of greys until I'm satisfied. I tend to use Picture It! for this although we've also got Adobe Photoshop Elements and whatever is on our HP.

Thanks!!
2GREENCARS: I sent you a PM...
post #71 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 06:47 PM
Super Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to dandbtucker
2greencars

Time for the West/Southwest owners to get together indeed.

Arizona sounds like quite a drive but maybe Las Vegas?

Don

2003 Tafetta White EX (w/cloth)
Delivered 2/4/2003
post #72 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 07:14 PM
jay
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziploc

snip...

I'm aware that registering to vote keeps my name in the "jury pool" (and I've been called to serve on juries twice in 10 years). But I feel it's the right thing to do and suspect the majority of folks feel similarly.

Anyway, just one person's humble opinion, florida_guy. Alternatively, you could try to sell your vehicle for enough green to make the transaction worthwhile....or even give it to a friend or someone in your family, if it's still dependable transportation.
I've been registered to vote ever since I was eligible, and was only called for Jury Duty once, about 6 weeks after I moved from Montgomery Co., Maryland, back to Manassas, Virginia. I had to fax a photocopy of my Virginia license to them to get out of serving, though in the proper jurisdiction I will do my civic duty.

I agree with the recommendations regarding the car. If you don't sell it, at least donate it to a group that reconditions it and gives it to someone in need, and not one of those groups who subcontract the retrieval of donated cars, and usually only end up with 10% or less of the value you deduct after the car is sold at auction, and the retrieval company takes their fee.

"When you get to the fork in the road, take it." --Yogi Berra
post #73 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 07:23 PM

Donating vehhicles and getting tagged back...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziploc

I know several people who have given older, but still running, vehicles to charities (including my sister-in-law), and to date, no one has been audited.
Not sure who's interested in donating a vehicle so I'll pass this along to who ever cares.

One of the DC papers had an article on the process not long ago. Won't get into how much money the charity gets out of the cars... another topic.

The problem is that many use "clearing" operations who take the cars and re-selll them as soon as possible. Neither the charity or the folks trying to sell the car want them so... and HERE IS THE PROBLEM; They never clear your name from the title.

In theory, the party that buys the car from the Charity/processor is supposed to title the car. But if they don't and the rack up tickets or -- as in the case of the article -- use the vehicle in a crime everything points back to you -- in the form of a SWAT team at your door in the story. I guess some states are better than others checking out your story/paperwork but that's of little comfort while you're sweating out criminal charges or fines.

Nothing in principle wrong with donating cars... Just make sure the title is transferred. Not for nothing, I donated a old NOVA to the county fire department... didn't get to see them blow it up for firefighting practice but I know it didn't get any parking tickets after I turned it over.

03 Redrock Pilot EX
• Towing Package
• Fog Lights & Mud Guards
• love the All-Weather Mats
post #74 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jay

I've been registered to vote ever since I was eligible, and was only called for Jury Duty once, about 6 weeks after I moved from Montgomery Co., Maryland, back to Manassas, Virginia. I had to fax a photocopy of my Virginia license to them to get out of serving, though in the proper jurisdiction I will do my civic duty.

~Sorry for threaddrift~

Jay, as you found, very few voters in Montgomery Co., MD, escape the summons! Actually, you're lucky to have only been called once (though you had moved by then).

I feel like a relative magnet for jury duty. As I said, I've served two times since being registered in Montgomery. Plus, after I had relocated here after college, the county where I registered to vote for the first time (Talbot) also called me to serve!!!

~ Towing Package
~ All-Weather Mats
~ Wheel Locks
post #75 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 08:30 PM

Re: Donating vehhicles and getting tagged back...

Quote:
Originally posted by Romlmkt

Nothing in principle wrong with donating cars... Just make sure the title is transferred. Not for nothing, I donated a old NOVA to the county fire department... didn't get to see them blow it up for firefighting practice but I know it didn't get any parking tickets after I turned it over.
Absolutely agree....I would recommend to anyone wishing to donate a car to only direct it to a proven, trustworthy charity that welcomes car donations, routinely transfers titles, and puts the vehicles to use directly, rather than selling them. (One example: my old roommate donated her Ford Falcon to a local hospice that needed vehicles for volunteers to use in visiting patients.)

~ Towing Package
~ All-Weather Mats
~ Wheel Locks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: