D.C. Pilot Luncheon #1 Photos - Page 2 - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
post #16 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kemosabe Send a message via Yahoo to kemosabe
I have a group photo of the people who attended, but I can't remember if everyone said that it was okay to post their faces here on the board, so I will hold off on posting the people picture until I get seven from everyone...

I do recall a few folks telling me to "blur" their license plates, so I made sure that none of the plates is visible/legible...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

As we were leaving Thurmont, MD, I saw another photo opportunity and took this photo of PaulV7 (and his wife) in their Sage Brush ahead of me and Ziploc (and her husband) in their Silver...

...also visible is my Passport radar detector and my Garmin StreetPilot III on my dash!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dc_luncheon_0014.jpg (79.4 KB, 53650 views)
post #18 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

I ended up passing Mr. and Mrs. PaulV7 (waving to them as I drove by -- one of the few times a Pilot owner actually waved back!!! ), and as I was about to pass Mr. and Mrs. Ziploc, I snapped this next shot...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dc_luncheon_0015.jpg (75.8 KB, 418 views)

post #19 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 05:20 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to colorider
Quote:
Originally posted by kemosabe
...also visible is my Passport radar detector and my Garmin StreetPilot III on my dash!!!

And your thumb!!!!

Great photos!! One question - why do people always want to blur their license plate in photo's?

Enjoy Life Today
Yesterday Is Gone
Tomorrow May Never Come
post #20 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

A little further (farther?) down the road, I caught up with Speed Racer klowry in her Sage Brush as she was getting ready to exit (that's how I was able to catch up with lead-foot klowry -- she had to slow down to exit ) from Route 15... At least she's signalling!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dc_luncheon_0016.jpg (105.9 KB, 432 views)
post #21 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 05:51 PM

Great pics Kemo!!

It's fine by me and Erin if you put our pictures up on here. Thanks for asking about it.

It was great meeting everyone and putting a friendly face to all the screen names. Hope we can do it again sometime. I do think I will have to order the air deflector now after seeing it. Erin was rather impressed that she did more talking about the Pilot than I did hehe .

Take Care Everyone Hope you all got home safe in the rain.
Paul

-----EX-L Sage Brush-----
  • Lower Trim/Fog Lights, Formfit Air Deflector
  • Tow Hitch Package
  • Day/Night Mirror
  • Cargo Tray , Cargo Cover
  • Wheel locks, Splash Guards
  • Husky Floor Mats, WeatherTech Vent Visors
post #22 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 06:30 PM

Great photos Kemosabe!!! I too have no problem with the postage of the group photo..

And just for the record I tried to wave bye as I was taking my exit but another truck came in between us..

It was really nice meeting everyone and I enjoyed it!!! Let me know next time..
post #23 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 08:09 PM
Super Senior Member

Quote:
I'm hoping that the owner of that Havasu Blue pops in here one day -- she was a very nice lady!!!

So, from left to right again:

Darn Chevy pickup truck, klowry, Rumlmkt, weekendpilot, Ziploc, aerostar45, PaulV7, kemosabe, ???future honda-pilot.org member??? and the Cozy catering truck
So who was the senior owner and who was the junior owner... highest mileage/least mileage? Glad you were able to pull it off.

Note: If you want to be sure I see a post either quote a message from me or put - florida_guy - somewhere in the body of the post so it shows up when I search. I am trying to stay active without spending too much time here.

'03 Pilot EX Sandstone Metallic

Options:
Cargo Cover
OEM Hitch
StreetPilot 2610
Sportsworks Transport Bike Carrier
post #24 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 09:06 PM

Quote:
This one shows weekendpilot, Ziploc, aerostar45, PaulV7, and part of my Sandstone...
Excellent recap. Thank you Kemosabe, and at amazing [Piloteer] speed. We just got home ourself (yeah, wife wanted to shop in tax free PA outlets, so we headed north). I have no issue with posting the group pic.

I have a few pics to post, too, when I see more confirmations.

Let's do it again on the sand, by the Atlantic ocean.....

East Coast....West Coast.. Do I hear? from sea to shining .........?

2003 Honda Pilot EX Cloth Sandstone, Michelin XTerrain, Cargo Cover/Net,Mud Guards,Pinstripes
post #25 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulV7
Great pics Kemo!!

It's fine by me and Erin if you put our pictures up on here. Thanks for asking about it.

It was great meeting everyone and putting a friendly face to all the screen names. Hope we can do it again sometime. I do think I will have to order the air deflector now after seeing it. Erin was rather impressed that she did more talking about the Pilot than I did hehe .

Take Care Everyone Hope you all got home safe in the rain.
Paul
It's nice to meet you and Erin and other Piloteers today. This is a real board, with real people.

We headed north, amazingly 5 minutes out of Thurmont, it was drizzle, 15 minutes out, it was all dry, down to the pavement. It must be a local systems whipped up from Camp Davis.

2003 Honda Pilot EX Cloth Sandstone, Michelin XTerrain, Cargo Cover/Net,Mud Guards,Pinstripes
post #26 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 09:35 PM

Thumbs up I knew the pics would be up before I got home.

We had a great time and you can definitely put our picture up with the rest of the fabulous shots.

Special thanks to weekendpilot… my son enjoyed playing star wars cards with your kids… don’t know if we would have made it through a two-hour lunch with out you.

Too bad we had to say our good-bye’s so quickly… I was kind of hoping to look more closely at the other vehicles and check out some of the accessories I might not have yet. Next time I guess.

(PaulV7…. I’m as surprised as you. Dani was a lot more into the event than I expected. That said, she usually manages to leave the house in the Pilot and it was supposed to be MY car.)

Thanks again Kemo and Ziploc for pulling together the event… Hope I can make the next.

03 Redrock Pilot EX
• Towing Package
• Fog Lights & Mud Guards
• love the All-Weather Mats
post #27 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Smile Several Things

First of all, I wanted to thank everyone who showed up today and I hope each and every one of you made it home safely in the heavy rainstorm!!! It was definitely a pleasure meeting ALL OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES and I had a great time. I wish the rain would've held off another 15 minutes so that we didn't have to rush the last few group photos in and to say goodbye properly (not the, "It's raining, gotta go, bye!!!" kind of farewell...) and to check out each other's Pilots...

Romlmkt: Many, many humble apologies my friend for I have been misspelling your name for the past two months... I've been spelling it Rumlmkt instead of Romlmkt... So, so sorry!!!!

weekendpilot: You have a lovely family and charming kids!!! You're absolutely correct, it was indeed a pleasure to put faces behind the usernames!!! That beach trip next year sounds promising...

klowry: I wasn't sure if you knew I was trying my darndest to put the pedal to the metal (and use all 240 horses of my Pilot) to catch up wit'cha before you exited...

PaulV7: I swear, your wife looks just like Jennifer Garner (and that's meant to be a compliment!!! ) Have a safe and fun honeymoon, you two love birds...!!!
post #28 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by florida_guy

So who was the senior owner and who was the junior owner... highest mileage/least mileage? Glad you were able to pull it off.
florida_guy: I think aerostar45 has me beat by 2 days...

aerostar45 buys his Pilot: August 4th, 2002
kemosabe buys his Pilot: August 6th, 2002

aerostar45 also has everyone beat in terms of mileage: over 20K, I believe... I can't remember who had the fewest...
post #29 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 10:30 PM

Checking in, at last

First, let me say that Mr. Ziploc and I have no problem with any people pictures being posted. In fact, we have a couple we may post ourselves. OK, that makes all of us, doesn't it, for saying YES to having our beautiful personages displayed? Better go back and check again before I throw mine up here.

Kemo, your account of the day and your pics are simply outstanding!! Thanks for getting everything posted so quickly so our Pilot.org comrades across the country--who, of course, have been waiting with bated (baited?) breath to see our pictures--can share in our experience almost realtime! I think your illustrated recap was on the board before Mr. Ziploc and I even got home (we made a couple stops in Frederick).

We had a SIMPLY MAHVALOUS time meeting everybody....the time flew by quickly over some great conversation. I think the food was pretty decent, too, though I was too occupied chatting and getting to know everyone to really notice..... Only downside: the fact the clouds opened up in Thurmont just as we were exiting the restaurant. We sort of hurriedly said our goodbyes and snapped a few shots through the raindrops before we headed for shelter in our Pilots and called it a day. Hopefully, at a MD/DC/VA Pilot Meet II we'll have more of an opportunity to look over each other's vehicles, accessories, etc.

Following are a couple more closer-up shots of some of the Pilots
in attendance.....First, we have (L to R) Romlmkt, weekendpilot, and Ziploc...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pilotmeet 010a.jpg (72.9 KB, 386 views)

'03 Pilot Starlight Silver EX
~ Towing Package
~ Fog Lights w/ Lower Trim & Garnish
~ Running Boards, Rear Mud Guards
~ All-Weather Mats
~ Wheel Locks
~Cargo Area Accessories: Cover * Tray * Organizer * Net
~ Honda Pilot.org Accessories: License Plate Frame * Sticker
post #30 of 127 (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Please Post Pictures

If anyone else took photos, please feel free to post them here in this thread, too!!! It'll be great to capture our luncheon from other member's cameras and perspectives, too!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: